Klubertanz J-Clips Help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OneAcreFarm":1hqx6wvn said:
Miss M":1hqx6wvn said:
I think I get what you're saying. I'll get my pliers tomorrow and have a look at them. That sure would be nice! :p

I really appreciate all the tips and input! I'll have to cross my fingers on the stainless, since they're already on the way! Guess I'll be the RT guinea pig for these clips!

I am sure they will be just fine! Anything with iron in it will eventually rust, so it's all good! :)
I hope so! They couldn't be worse than zinc coated, could they?

Miss M":kg4jve82 said:
OneAcreFarm":kg4jve82 said:
Miss M":kg4jve82 said:
I think I get what you're saying. I'll get my pliers tomorrow and have a look at them. That sure would be nice! :p

I really appreciate all the tips and input! I'll have to cross my fingers on the stainless, since they're already on the way! Guess I'll be the RT guinea pig for these clips!

I am sure they will be just fine! Anything with iron in it will eventually rust, so it's all good! :)

I wouldn't think so, I just did not want to spend the extra money and did not think I needed so many at one time.... :roll: ...what a noob! :lol:

OneAcreFarm":36tih741 said:
Miss M":36tih741 said:
OneAcreFarm":36tih741 said:

I wouldn't think so, I just did not want to spend the extra money and did not think I needed so many at one time.... :roll: ...what a noob! :lol:
:lol: Yeah... my math told me that one pound was way more than enough... so I ordered two pounds! Better to have and not need, than to need and not have, right? Besides, I'm sure I'll need them eventually.

Now to think of alternative uses for all those leftover Bass clips.... :twisted:

Well, I made 5 cages and I ordered two pounds....and I ran out... :p so...you *may* want to call them and change the order. They won't be ready to ship out for a week at least...call them and find out....

Miss M":1yjxopra said:
We have six cages that need new floors

My mind was busy while I slept, apparently... when I woke up this morning, my first thought was "you could reinforce the floors with 1"x2" wire for added strength". It might make cleaning more of an issue since fur and urine might get trapped between the 2 layers of wire, but it should help with sagging.

OneAcreFarm":37agccaj said:
I chose the zinc coated because it is the same as the wire.

Excellent point. Dissimilar metals in contact with each other in the presence of moisture and oxygen WILL cause corrosion at an accelerated rate.

Sorry, that's just the USAF aircraft maintenance CDC volumes coming back to haunt me!!! :lol:

OneAcreFarm":9971ctrn said:
Well, I made 5 cages and I ordered two pounds....and I ran out... :p so...you *may* want to call them and change the order. They won't be ready to ship out for a week at least...call them and find out....
Well, since I'm just replacing the floors, I should be okay... that would be about like building two cages, I think. :)

MamaSheepdog":9971ctrn said:
My mind was busy while I slept, apparently... when I woke up this morning, my first thought was "you could reinforce the floors with 1"x2" wire for added strength". It might make cleaning more of an issue since fur and urine might get trapped between the 2 layers of wire, but it should help with sagging.
:p That reminds me of a time in high school, when I had a calculus problem in my homework that I just couldn't figure out. I solved it in my sleep, and I woke up like, "OF COURSE!" But by the time I made it over to my paper, I couldn't remember the next step! :evil: :lol:

Would an added layer of 1x2 help the 16 gauge wire not be hard on the feet? Also, I was thinking of cutting up the old floors and using them as baby-saver wire. :p

SatinsRule":9971ctrn said:
OneAcreFarm":9971ctrn said:
I chose the zinc coated because it is the same as the wire.

Excellent point. Dissimilar metals in contact with each other in the presence of moisture and oxygen WILL cause corrosion at an accelerated rate.

Sorry, that's just the USAF aircraft maintenance CDC volumes coming back to haunt me!!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I had completely forgotten that fact from chemistry. :oops: Guess we'll see what comes of these stainless steel clips!

Miss M":2hym929x said:
Would an added layer of 1x2 help the 16 gauge wire not be hard on the feet? Also, I was thinking of cutting up the old floors and using them as baby-saver wire. :p

Good idea about using the old wire as babysaver!

I think the thinner gauges of wire are harder on their feet because it applies more isolated pressure. I was thinking of placing the 1"x2" under the floor wire because that seems safer (feet wont get caught), but maybe placing it on top and securing the floor wire at intervals to keep it taut would help if you have thinner gauge floor wire.

I don't have any trouble putting the clips on but cutting 14 gauge wire can really give me sore hands.

Back