KCRBA~ Bakersfield, California 01/25/14

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HoppinHalfPints":3mclej9p said:
I am taking 5 rabbits. A V. lop and 4 netherland dwarfs.

The show catalog is out; I just received them. Looks like it's going to be a nice show.

:mrgreen:

Where do I get the show catalog for the Bakersfield show? I am going to that show to pick up some new NDs. The breeder is meeting me there. I have no clue how to go about getting info on shows. I have emailed a few people but never get a response. I only know where this show is because the breeder told me.

I don't know who or how many I'm taking, but I'll be there!

We should all exchange cell numbers so we can meet there and hopefully set up next to each other. :)

beckyhuff314":4sznr2s4 said:
Where do I get the show catalog for the Bakersfield show?

[email protected]

Thank you MSD. Are you going to be showing a jersey wooly? Or 2 :) I won't be showing, just looking around and hopefully bringing home some more bunnies.

I'm going to that show because I'm currently looking to purchase a bunny. I'm from the visalia/tulare area and I'm looking for a breeder locally or someone at that show who has rabbits for sell.

I like to purchase one of these breeds:
-mini rex
-mini lop
-angora
-netherland dwarf
-american fuzzy lop
-lionhead
-jersey wooley
-french lop

Or anything similar to those breeds.

If you're going to the show and sellimg one of those breeds or knows a breeder who is please let me know. You may contact me at [email protected]

:welcome: to rabbittalk!

I have a personal friend there that will be bringing Netherland Dwarfs. I have heard of a few breeders in Visalia for NDs. Maybe go to the ANDRC website?

We are currently dusting off the rabbits and getting ready for the Bakersfield show next week, just going to have 6 adults this year, but will have some for sale. We are exited to have two new senior rabbits to submit this year and as always hope to be able to buy some new rabbits if possible. MSD's tattoo's, she did for us last year, still look really good so today we only have three rabbits to tag...will be are first try at it :runhills: going to use a large beach towel like I was shown at last years show. Hope to see you all there and if you see a tall guys wearing a cowboy hat with a rattlesnake hat band say hi that's me.

Hi Sy!

Looking forward to seeing you again! Good luck on the tables. :clover:

Got this from the KCRBA show secretary today

This is a one day show only. There are 9 judges and all the shows will be going on all at the same time. The show starts at 8:30 check in begins at 7:30. Once you get there you can walk around to each judges table and there will be a list of all the breeds and the order they will show in. You will have to keep track of where that judge is on their list yourself. We will have microphones and will try to announce each breed however it does not only work out that well. So its always a good idea to keep an eye out on where you are supposed to be. The judges will break for lunch however there are no set times that the judge has to judge that certain breed at. If you have any more questions let me know also I will be at the secretaries table most of the day and you can come over and ask any questions at any time. The judges will also help you if you need it. Just arrive between 7:30 and 8 am set up any where you would like. make sure to bring chairs and a grooming table to groom rabbits on if you would like. Hope this helped
Jaycee

just in case anyone had any questions.

SyP":2aq8q118 said:
Got this from the KCRBA show secretary today

Hey! What makes you so special? I didn't get that! *Sniff!*

:thinking: She must have read my post after attending my very first show, which was a KCRBA event, but edited it down to the bare bones! :p

For a more comprehensive (and amusing!) account of what to expect, I offer this for your enjoyment:

post56038.html

Sy, since you have a rather "rare" breed, you are in luck because the other exhibitors will make sure your rabbits get on the table because they need the competition. The breeds that have larger entries aren't quite as worried, but I have seen those breeders alert other exhibitors that their breeds are up too.

One other note that I would like to add; since the A & B shows will be running consecutively, the order of judging may change. Sometimes one judge will get ahead of the others and have a breed come up that is currently on another judge's table, so they will skip to the next breed in their lineup rather than take a break.

Can't wait to see y'all there!

Come on you guys tell us about the show. I did just have a look at Half Pint's web site and it looks to me like someone did her best to take all the cookies off the table.

:congratulations: :greatjob: :judges:

Show News:

1/25/14~ Napster wins BOV, BOG
1/25/14~ Fire Light wins 2 BOV, BOSG
1/25/14~ Lana wins BOV, BOSV
1/25/14~ Reggie wins BOV, BOSG

I'm impressed!

Show was fun, learned a lot, we were able to get two legs on one of our doe's but the information on what we are lacking in the rabbits was priceless. I was able to talk to MSD and have a friend of her's show us some pointers on how to train a rabbit for showing. I was also able to talk to some of the big time Palomino breeders and see some state show quality Palies, did not mind losing to them as they have been in to restoring the Palomino breed for a long time.
:baby04:

Glad you enjoyed the show SyP. Sounds like you had a good time and were able to meet up with some of the other members here.

I'd be interested in what you learned, "pointers on how to train a rabbit for showing".

Aw, thanks Homer. :oops:

Well, anyways, I got to meet MSD! :D That was so cool. I got to fawn over her Jersey Wooly (I am stealing her someday) and we also talked about rabbits. There was such a long wait inbetween show A and show B, while they were judging Mini Lops. I clerked for Kathleen Utter, which was pretty cool. My buck got another leg from that BOG, and the blue might have gotten a leg. :) I'm not sure on the does, but it would be cool to get a leg on Lana who is retiring to make babies.

Oh, and MSD also gave me these awesome rabbit toys! :D

Back