KCRBA~ Bakersfield, California 01/25/14

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew it was going to be a good day before I even had the rabbits fully loaded! :p

As some of you know, I have been trying to get my Beveren doe Cedar bred for months, to no avail. Well, Floss, the buck, scaled the divider between cages and started makin' moves on her. :lovers: I reached in to get him and put him back in his own quarters when to my surprise I saw that she was actually LIFTING for him! :fainting: So I grabbed the other doe instead and let them finish their tryst. :mrgreen:

I had space held for me by the Satin contingent, which happened to be right next to SyP and his friend. :p It was really nice to see Sy again. He and his rabbits are looking good, and I think he will do well this year now that his does are finally cooperating and getting pregnant.

HoppinHalfPints has some really adorable bunnehs, and she and her mom are very nice. We must have chatted for a good hour at least! :D I think HHP will go far both with her herd and her college career.

Queenpup happened to walk up while HHP was cuddling Showoff, and I could see a bit of panic in her eyes, thinking HHP was going to steal her rabbit! :eek: Fortunately for Queenpup, but unfortunately for HHP, mom was not on board with the idea of expanding into JW's at this time. :lol:

I got some BOVs and BOSVs, but I am proudest of all of my Junior black Rex doe. She is 17 weeks old, 7lbs 5 oz, and she took BOSB in both shows out of a class of 24! I guess she needs a name now... :?

After the show the Satin contingent (including one judge) went to "my" Satin breeder's house for a BBQ. Queenpup and I cooked the burgers and I also had to cut some branches from a tree which the pups and I sharpened for skewering marshmallows for S'mores. Good thing we all have pocket knives!

We also showed a newbie how to butcher a rabbit! She is not as appalled by the prospect now, so hopefully she will now start harvesting her culls for meat. Her husband needs a little incentive to get more on board with indulging her rabbitosis, and what better way than by feeding him rabbit! :dinner:

Quite a few of us ended up staying the night and acted as the cleanup crew in the morning. Then, of course, we chatted some more, so we didn't get home until early afternoon. :lol:

When we got home I rearranged rabbits in the BunnyBarn since I had so many in transport cages anyway, so all in all it was a great weekend of rabbit wrangling!

MamaSheepdog":1ds50jxo said:
HoppinHalfPints has some really adorable bunnehs, and she and her mom are very nice. We must have chatted for a good hour at least! :D I think HHP will go far both with her herd and her college career.

I was NICE?! NICE?! You forgot to say glamorous, fantastic, wise beyond her years! :evil: Tut, tut. :lol:

Naw, thanks MSD! :oops:

HoppinHalfPints":fmlyuqbg said:
I was NICE?! NICE?! You forgot to say glamorous, fantastic, wise beyond her years!

Well, there is that too, of course... but I didn't want to mention all of your other marvelous and stellar qualities lest any weird RT'ers start stalking you! :lol:

Back