just wondering

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cottontail

Reaction score
my 6 bunns are in the 8 X 16 foot shed. they have been in a colony or about a month. one doe had a litter about 3 weeks ago so it is a little crowded. I built a 16 X 16 outdoor run for them. They explored it for about 45 minutes and all went back in the shed. the only ones who use it are the 3 week old babys and one jr doe. it has been hot here so maybe they just use it in the evening. I have seen a few areas where they did dig. there are 3 does due next week and I want them to kindle outside. Maybe I should have more hidy places for them. Maybe I should start feeding them outside. Any suggestions?

I think they have their own favourite places where they like to hang out, some of mine tend to stay in the back near the hutch and rarely come to the front, those are the subordinate females. The dominant ones are all over the place. I think they feel too comfortable inside to come out and play. It's a good idea to put some hiding places for them, that will probably lure them out. They may avoid open area's since they have to be alert and watch their back. But if you'd put a hiding place there then they shouldn't worry about that. I saw this happen with cavies the other day, they were put in a long run with houses in the back, they all tried to stuff in there, so we put a few houses on the other end and then they decided to venture out and go for a walk. Rabbits are not really like that but i guess some are shy or edgy and need the comfort of a near hiding place.

well it looks like they all come out and play at night. I have 3 that are due to kindle today and 2 dug holes outside and one is making a nest inside. It is so fun to watch them make their nest it is amazing how much hay they can fit in their mouth.
Where do i get shade cloth?

cottontail":w58n8xol said:
well it looks like they all come out and play at night. I have 3 that are due to kindle today and 2 dug holes outside and one is making a nest inside. It is so fun to watch them make their nest it is amazing how much hay they can fit in their mouth.
Where do i get shade cloth?

My local Lowes has it. Or you can hang canvas drop cloths up, like they use for catching dripped paint. I have both in use right now.

Dontcha just love watching rabbits being rabbits?

Latest posts

Back