Journey into quail

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my covey I'd call them 2 hens. My roos have rusty breast all the way upView attachment 42906
Yep, me too. Some of my hens actually have a darker copper with just a couple of spots but if there's a spot it's pretty much gonna lay an egg. Maybe posters aren't the wild like I have though. I think they have white wings and I have never sexed those by feathers because I don't trust myself so I vent sexed.

I have 4 little babies in the brooder this morning. The first one hatched early yesterday morning. and the last one had hatched about 10pm last night. I took them out of the brooder this morning as all where dry and running around. I went back to check the last egg and it has pipped. So keeping it going for another day at least. I had 9 eggs incubating, 4 candled unfertilized at lockdown so it was just the last 5 eggs in lockdown.
The 4 moved this morning.
IMG_0426.JPG

Last egg didn't make it. Started to smell something off and found it in the incubator (located in my bedroom). Chick was fully formed but didn't absorb the yolk fully and the yolk was green when I opened the egg to see what happened. So it probably pipped yesterday but couldn't hatch. Might have rolled the egg when I took out the other shells and chicks.

I have 4 little babies in the brooder this morning. The first one hatched early yesterday morning. and the last one had hatched about 10pm last night. I took them out of the brooder this morning as all where dry and running around. I went back to check the last egg and it has pipped. So keeping it going for another day at least. I had 9 eggs incubating, 4 candled unfertilized at lockdown so it was just the last 5 eggs in lockdown.
The 4 moved this morning.
View attachment 42926
Congrats!!!

Latest posts

Back