I've got popples! sad update pg 2

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, no! :( I wonder what happened! I'm so sorry...

You can keep him inside in his nest box, and put it partly on a heating pad on low. Or you can get a single-serving bottle of water, and heat it up, and stick it in a sock and put it in the nest.

Oh no, this is terrible :(<br /><br />__________ Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:41 pm __________<br /><br />
fuzzy9":23vjlv9m said:
Since the OP mentioned this was a broken to broken breeding, I have a question for someone. I was always under the impression that you shouldn't breed broken to broken, and then on a color chart someone had shared a link to, the chart showed something about "if you are trying to get brokens, breed broken to broken, but to make sure there is more color than white". Something to that effect. I think what I had heard previous to seeing that link is that you will get more charlie patterned brokens. Is this correct? After seeing that link I had been considering breeding my broken black buck to my broken sable doe, but since I'm going for more spotted coat, I wouldn't want the charlie pattern in my kits.

You can breed broken to broken, just watch out for charlies, but if you don't show, that's not really important. I bred broken to broken because that's all I had, and I got nice heavily patterned brokens. Even lightly patterned brokens can throw heavily patterned kits, depending on who there partner is, and what's behind the rest of the ped.

I hope so too. Everyone looked well at bedtime check. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. She nursed the kit when I put him back in the nest. I covers him well. It shouldn't get to cold tonight. Hope thos little guy pulls through.

As of now the last kit is great. I am keeping him in the mud room. It gets the least air conditioning. We keep the house quite cool as hubby is a welder and wants to freeze after 10 hours under a welding mask. He is FAT. I don't know if I will afternoon feed, because this guy is not lacking.

I'm sorry you lost most of the litter. :(

Glad to hear the surviving kit is doing well.

Glad the kit is doing good! :clap:

Thanks for the info, sky!! :)

Well the kit is still fat and happy. I am worried about the gunk in his nose however, it worries me, but he is breathing and growing great.

IMAG0342.jpg

Back