I've got popples! sad update pg 2

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintrider89

Reaction score
Just went out to check mommas bun. And I have popples! I am not sure she is done yet, so I left her be. I will check again later and do head count. Check for health ect. I'm just so excited!

__________ Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:36 am __________

6 healthy looking kits. Momma was happy for the carrot brib. Looks like lots of white. Broken to broken breeding. Very excited for the next week as they get color.

Got out to take some pictures. Man o man did she pull some fur! I have what looks like 3 Charlie, and 3 with no spots :shock: . I have one dark kit with no spots, and two pink ones. I can't wait to see what colors they end up. Here are photos.
IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0314.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

This is the dark kit with no spots.
IMAG0316.jpg

And here is on of the charley kits. No runty looking ones. Seem to have nice full bellies. Will bring them in for the hottest part of the day, and likely take more photos.<br /><br />__________ Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:02 am __________<br /><br />
ckcs":17n86pdd said:
Congratulations. I'm assuming this is the moody doe. With the broken to broken are you hoping for a charlie?
Yes. Freak is back to freckles. She soaked up the attention today during breakfast feeding. No more growl or jumpy. No issues with me checking out kits. Good momma

Aww! What cuties!

:congratulations:

I'm glad your doe is back to her sweet self! :)

It's amazing how they go from so pink and in a day you start seeing color! Any ideas on the dark and orange kits? As far as I can. They will be solids I think.

This kit was so fat and full I had to take a pic.

And all 6 of them.

Yes she takes good care of them. I uncover them for the warm part of the day, and everytime u go back (even if I only left for a min) I come back and find kits all hidden away again. Funny thing. I was letting her today and she lifted her butt in the air like crazy. I have never seen a doe with hee butt that far up. I won't bred her right away though.

I was wondering what color it would be, I have very little background on parents parents, so I could get like almost anything. I LOVE colorful nest boxes!

Since the OP mentioned this was a broken to broken breeding, I have a question for someone. I was always under the impression that you shouldn't breed broken to broken, and then on a color chart someone had shared a link to, the chart showed something about "if you are trying to get brokens, breed broken to broken, but to make sure there is more color than white". Something to that effect. I think what I had heard previous to seeing that link is that you will get more charlie patterned brokens. Is this correct? After seeing that link I had been considering breeding my broken black buck to my broken sable doe, but since I'm going for more spotted coat, I wouldn't want the charlie pattern in my kits.

I am sooo upset :( got home from going to get dinner, and 5 of my 6 kits are dead :cry: I checked all animals water and heat condition, everyone looked fine. The kits all looked good. Some moving, some just sleeping. When I got home, I checked again, and found 5 of the babies dead? The little dark one is left. O brought him in for observation.

I was worried that this doe was sick about a week ago. She just has such a wet face, but she plays in her water. No sneezing ect...now I just don't know..

Back