I may be a bit paranoid but.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducklove74

Reaction score
I have bun from last litter that dry sneezes..I've noticed this for awhile and been keeping an eye on him and only time it seems to happen is as soon as I put his food in bowl...he will sneeze a few times and that's it...no runny eyes or wet nose or noisy breathing. But, his mother and siblings have been processed and I was going to clean the 2 hole hutch he is in and add a buck( his sire ) to other side...there is a wood panel divider. So there would be no direct contact but this is technically a shared hutch so as I think more and more about it I'm getting paranoid about this...Am I over reacting? Should I move him to a completely different area and build him his own hutch? He doesn't seem sick in the slightest and is now 5 months old. Was the only black one from the litter and my daughter has fallen in love with him so not quite sure what's best.

i understand your paranoia... I would join you in that. I'd build him his own area. Everytime I've had a dry sneezer it's turned into snot by the time they are a year old. :)

Yeah I guess I can just leave him in one he is in now...maybe I will cut him a hole so he can have both sides. Then just build another for his father instead of putting him on other side. His mother and sisters were on that side until last week, but I would hate to risk it and be sorry later.

i understand your paranoia... I would join you in that. I'd build him his own area. Everytime I've had a dry sneezer it's turned into snot by the time they are a year old. :)

This is interesting... I wonder what happens to cause the change? Does it seem that it is actually an illness or something else? I didn't know it could go on that long as dry sneezes and then become worse. I had a buck that would dry sneeze after he put his nose in the hay we gave him and once we switched hays his dry sneezing completely stopped. He hasn't sneezed in several months. Now that I saw this thread, I am wondering if he is just sensitive or something else...

If he only does it when you fill his bowl could it be habitual and not really a true sneeze? Maybe in the past he got some dusty pellets. I've had animals pick up the strangest habits for specific things. For example, one of our dogs had an ear issue that bothered her when she barked. She barked to go out so she then shook her head, flapping her ears. The younger dogs started flapping their ears at the door to go out and the habit stuck. It was hilarious to see. Rabbits are also creatures that like regular routines and pick up weird habits.

Latest posts

Back