I do NOT need a lionhead, I do NOT need a lionhead...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
Browsing CL, and came upon this ad... check out the bunny on the left in the second photo. He looks like a young male lion just getting his mane in! Adorable!

Please chant my mantra with me... I do NOT need a lionhead, I do NOT need a lionhead, I do NOT need a lionhead!

Even if he does look like a lion!

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/grd/3028878046.html

You need a Lionhead! You need a Lionhead! Ooooops did I mess that up?

Bill! Has anyone told you you are an enabler???

We like enablers here... :roll:

LOL, we have a LH at our house. We bought it with the intention of our granddaughter showing it for 4-H to get another breed in our county show. It was suppossed to be found a new home after the Fall shows to free up a hole, but it seems to still be here..........

I wouldn't get it. Unless it's going to be a meat rabbit. I don't like the very thin hardware cloth as flooring. And calling them 'brown', I'm sure is not a proper term, so how much does this person know or care for the rabbits in reality?

I have narrowed it down to three breeds, more like two and a half, since Rex and mini Rex are nearly the same thing. I refuse to look at another breed, but if I just had to... Satin, NZ, Netherland.

I don't have enough holes for all of the Rex I want to keep as it is, let alone another breed! But I thought he was darn cute.

It is a lot easier to show restraint buying from CL when it would be over a hundred mile round-trip for me to get to town! Being geographically isolated has many benefits. :lol:

I keep trying to tell my son the same thing. . . "You do NOT need a lionhead. You do NOT need a lionhead." Let me know how that works out for you. :lol:

Oh, crud. Youngest was just looking over my shoulder and recognized the breed from the photo (!) and ran to tell his brother. Good thing I'm in Texas and WAY too far away from Bakersfield!

I raised Lionheads for a few years, im tryin to tell myself that I dont need a Lionhead either....doesnt help when people call me up and ask if i have any lionhead for sale still...:(

trinityoaks":md8dprq4 said:
Oh, crud. Youngest was just looking over my shoulder and recognized the breed from the photo (!) and ran to tell his brother.

Uh-oh... you are in for it now. "Mommy, check our Craigslist! Maybe they have some!"

ChickiesnBunnies":md8dprq4 said:
No, what you need is a lionlop! LOVE them.

ACK!!! :p I must see pics of one! That must be way too adorable! Perhaps I do need a "pet rabbit" breed for a little income... :hmm: :twisted:

wild1slilfarm":md8dprq4 said:
im tryin to tell myself that I dont need a Lionhead either...

Oh dear- I'm afraid I may have started a hankering for lionheads in the RabbitTalk forum!<br /><br />__________ Mon May 21, 2012 4:24 pm __________<br /><br />Sheesh... I just looked at the pic again, and boy do I want that rabbit. It's the distinct short hair on the face, and the v-shaped widow's peak on its forehead. <Sigh!> What an expressive little face...

I do NOT need a lionhead, I DO NOT NEED A LIONHEAD!...

Getting my camera out to post a pic of Buttercup our LH to throw gas on the fire! (So glad MSD lives on the left coast so she can't show the Grands her bunnies they'd surely want since they've been arguing over who gets to name the popples and which one gets to show all 4 that aren't even 12 hours old!)

:twisted: :twisted: There is someone on a google chat group that I am a member of locally and they have a cute loin head they named Mufasa. Wow, you even have a cute name to go with the cute rabbit you are not getting.

currituckbun":2xaghfpq said:
Wow, you even have a cute name to go with the cute rabbit you are not getting.

NOT getting a Lionhead, NOT getting a Lionhead... nope, NOPE, NOPE...

not even one...

LOL! I loved the one I had.
And have to say I didnt like them for the LONGEST time because there was a lot of them but very poor quality..but then I was working with a judge this last weekend and we did lionheads and..OMG these arnt just very super adorable LHs but very nice ones..just to die for! Made me want one allll over again LOL :p

Many the people who have those LHs offer a cage or you have an empty space lol you might even have a cage for your rabbit you will not be getting who has a cute name...hehe!

OH MY WORD, MSD!!! You MUST have that lionhead!!!! :razz:

You're right, you do NOT need a lionhead, but who said anything about needing? :twisted:

I can't believe he looks just like a little bunny-lion! :lol:

Miss M":1cf3fk23 said:
OH MY WORD, MSD!!! You MUST have that lionhead!!!! :razz:

New mantra:

I need more cages, I NEED more cages, I NEED MORE CAGES!!!

:lol:

They are adorable and soooooo cute. Thanks, now I want one! Maybe this could be the house rabbit I have been looking for.You know, one to spoil and have romp around with the cats and dog:)

currituckbun":3q1h2xog said:
Thanks, now I want one!

"LionHead Lustosis" has recently been identified in the RabbitTalk population. It was only a matter of time before you succumbed.

currituckbun":3q1h2xog said:
Maybe this could be the house rabbit I have been looking for.You know, one to spoil and have romp around with the cats and dog:)

Hmmm... a house rabbit... I haven't had one of those in quite some time. :mrgreen: I could conduct his quarantine in the house and see if he suits. If not, perhaps he could be a rabbitry mascot, and run around "colony style"...

Now I just need a valid reason to make a trip to town... :twisted:

Back