Help with Facebook

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dood

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
So I finally caved and joined facebook and I think I've been banned from a group :shock:

I applied and was admitted to a "closed group", and I can no longer access it - was I banned? Is that what happens? Don't they put up a notice or something? Or is it just a glitch that I haven't figured out :D

I don't think you always get a notice. I was contacted by someone who couldn't access a closed group recently, I asked a mod, and it turned out that she had been banned. :(

Can you even see the group listed any more? What is the name of the group and ill check it.

It's just gone :shrug:

I asked to "join group" again to see if I deleted it somehow (I'm still getting use to face book)

It's totally possible that I "stepped on the wrong toes" and was banned :mrgreen:

The group is "backyard meat rabbits"

A little bit :mrgreen:

I kinda flipped my lid when a member said that cancer was a fungal infection :shock:

Another said too much meat causes cancer and I said the Inuit and Eskimos must be dropping like flies from cancer since meat is all they've eaten for 10,000 years

I think the last straw was when I insisted that someone who got fawns and gold tipped steels from her "purebred" and "pedigreed" Silver Fox likely had silver gened mutts while another member insisted that those were historic colours in SF and likely hidden since the 1960's :groooan:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhh... welcome to the world of Facebook. :p

Now you see why I've been so delighted with how helpful and friendly this forum is. :D <br /><br /> __________ Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:46 am __________ <br /><br />
Dood":2vlmmky0 said:
I kinda flipped my lid when a member said that cancer was a fungal infection :shock:

There are thoughts, now, that cancer may be linked to certain viruses and can even, in certain situations, be contagious. It certainly isn't fungal though.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Agency_for_Research_on_Cancer

I agree that Cancer can be triggered by a viral infection, or bacterial or environmental contamination or hormones or genetics, but it is still your own DNA gone haywire and not a member of the fungal kingdom

Oh, haha! I remember reading that exchange. So that was you? :lol: Yeah, I think you may have been banned. :(

What was the post about again?

It's amazing the kind of people you run into on these fb groups. :groooan: :wall:

Dood":15bo99xa said:
I agree that Cancer can be triggered by a viral infection, or bacterial or environmental contamination or hormones or genetics, but it is still your own DNA gone haywire and not a member of the fungal kingdom

[/There's a Fungal Kingdom?b] Wow, I never knew. Sounds like a cool place to hang out. By By, see you later, I'm going over to the fungal kingdom for a while. :lol:

Dood":3skvkz9h said:
I think the last straw was when I insisted that someone who got fawns and gold tipped steels from her "purebred" and "pedigreed" Silver Fox likely had silver gened mutts while another member insisted that those were historic colours in SF and likely hidden since the 1960's :groooan:

Unfortunately, it seems MOST silver fox lines are either mutts, or have been crossed with them to the point where they have all sorts of off genes.
See, the steel IS becoming a breed-wide problem, and it's going to be a hassle to get rid of later.

The doe I have now,
so far as test breeding has indicated, is actually aa BB CC DD EE sisi )

She probably would be laughed at if I put her on a show table. Great standup quality to the coat, and very fine bone structure, but not anywhere near as typey as the SF I've seen at shows, and her fur is a little too short to be competitive,

Cute little ears though :)

That was another thing about these "Silver Fox" their parents fur looked way too short and had no stand up quality at all, which I pointed out :roll: and was told you cannot judge fur length from pictures :(

I wonder if the girl insisting they was no way they were mutts because their Silvering was too good was the breeder who sold them to the original poster :thinking:

Dood":u6p9v4cx said:
That was another thing about these "Silver Fox" their parents fur looked way too short and had no stand up quality at all, which I pointed out :roll: and was told you cannot judge fur length from pictures :(

I wonder if the girl insisting they was no way they were mutts because their Silvering was too good was the breeder who sold them to the original poster :thinking:

Maybe. Seems like there is a lot of satin (in chocolates) argent (in overly silvered) and NZ(rew) in a lot of lines. Older pics of silverfox always show a more lightly silvered rabbit.

Back