help needed, new to the biz

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitfever88

Reaction score
hi iv recently acuired 30 rabbits and im a first time rabbit owner!!!!! ya! well i came across this site and imediatly learned a world of knowledge and joined. and thanx to everyone who has helped thus far. iv learned their are many breeds and variations of, my question is how do i go about telling what i have because they all seem to have difrent carectoristics. theu wer all caged differnt and only mulltiples of certain ones.

Pics are going to help a lot here to identify.

What did the people you got them from tell you ?
Are they big , medium or small size rabbits ?

WELCOME to the site btw :)

ok so im a farmer, on the weekends i run my bosses feed store. this man walks in and says he needs rabbit feed...... and asks if i need a rabbit. im thinking he raises meat rabbits as iv been asking everyone if anybody has yard chickens for me tow purchase and eat. i ask how much it would be for 4 he says how about 30, i say i cant do 30 for four meat rabbits how much for 2, he says no 30 rabbits for free just bring me my cages back tomarrow. im estatic (my freezers ben empty awhile) i get them and their all grown, difrent breeds and seperated. he had got the cages in trade from someone at a swap meet but didnt want the rabbits that came with

__________ Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:17 pm __________

iv sold a bunch of my multiples and my one black, female. all he got outa the previous owners was the reeeely big gray female was some sort of russian sounding giant, and the female white and grey spoted with droopy ears was called a lop and might be expecting! i have left white pink eyes 2m 2f, tan 1f, dark brown 1m 1f, dirty brown cotton tails 1m 2f, one giant grey female, one white and grey female lop, dark brown black tails 2m 1f, one white and black spoted and black ears female, and one white and light grey with a little very light brown.<br /><br />__________ Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:24 pm __________<br /><br />thanx for all your welcomes im happy and lucky to find passionate people about my new found hobby

Sounds like a bunch of New Zealands (8-12 pound), Flemish Giants (15-25 pound) French Lops (10-15 pound) and their crosses.

The colours are also typical of these three breeds.

White = Red Eyed White
White and black = broken black
Brown = chestnut
Light brown = fawn
Grey = chinchilla
White and grey = broken chinchilla
Dark brown = gold tipped steel

im going to put pics up as soon as i figure out how to work this stupid..... i mean smart phone. like i said, low tech redneck<br /><br />__________ Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:40 pm __________<br /><br />thanks for the lingo dood

Back