Christmas Rabbits.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had our first ever litter of holland lops in late November and a litter of Netherlands dec 6. A few false alarms that should have been Christmas bunnies. Seems crazy busy but we have 6 does due at one week intervals over the next 3 weeks. Hopefully no more false alarms. It would be nice to be in the black for a change.

I did learn something....no one around here buys rabbits after October, so that will be our winter break next year. Either that or we're replacing turkey with rabbits for Christmas dinner 2016.

wamplercathy":wnkg65sw said:
Thanks Homer. I plan to re-breed Tartar tomorrow. Do I need to do anything to dry up her milk? I have a mint plant in the house. Brought it in with hopes that it and the lavender would survive the winter. But like everything else they're dead. :(

Anyways just would like to know before I try to breed her tomorrow.
Thanks all,
Cathy
Dried mint and lavender are still good to use in the winter months. That's what I've done for years. You could give her a little mint but why make her body go back and forth? I'd just get her bred and then of course wait another month. :|

Got a litter of 9 born 12/31, and a first timer had 4 (eek) on New Year's day. All are doing well.

Hope your luck improves, Cathy!

Well got Mama and Tartar breed yesterday. Tartar was being very negative about it, but Cumin hung in there and got 2 fall overs. Mama on the other hand lifted right away and was able to get 3 fall overs in under 10 mins. :p :lol: :lol: Taco has his cage beside Cumin's, with a divider between the 2. Taco kept trying to look over the divider to see what all the shaking was about. :lol: :lol: After a few minutes he started chinning everything in his cage, grunting, and stompin his foot. :lol: :lol: He's going to be a go getter in another 3 months. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back