Best Method To Dispatch

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could. she was a craigslist girl who came without a pedigree, a retired 4H doe. I don't know how old she is, but she looks it. She missed on the last breeding, and she gets 2 more chances before she has to do something else. even if she has a small litter I will let her stay, but she's not a kid-pet. she's a working doe who is good at what she does, so I am not sure if I can find a home for her as a pet. I live on 7220 square feet of land, I can't really afford to have a lot of critters who just eat. A doe likely has a working lifespan of about 4 years tops, she's been with me for 2, and she was a proven breeder when I got her. But she can live until she is 9.

Actually....if she will get along with the buck without fussing, they could be cuddle bunnies. He's a low key dude, with 10 square feet all to himself, and he gets lonely. That might work...worth a try. They have been neighbors and like each other more than she likes the rest of the herd. I'll try it and report the outcome.:)
7220 sq ft! It's difficult for me to even imagine that.
Our ranch is just shy of 2,300 acres! Pretty sure we have ample room for a few rabbits.
Absolutely not goats allowed! See previous post for that.

I wish I could. she was a craigslist girl who came without a pedigree, a retired 4H doe. I don't know how old she is, but she looks it. She missed on the last breeding, and she gets 2 more chances before she has to do something else. even if she has a small litter I will let her stay, but she's not a kid-pet. she's a working doe who is good at what she does, so I am not sure if I can find a home for her as a pet. I live on 7220 square feet of land, I can't really afford to have a lot of critters who just eat. A doe likely has a working lifespan of about 4 years tops, she's been with me for 2, and she was a proven breeder when I got her. But she can live until she is 9.

Actually....if she will get along with the buck without fussing, they could be cuddle bunnies. He's a low key dude, with 10 square feet all to himself, and he gets lonely. That might work...worth a try. They have been neighbors and like each other more than she likes the rest of the herd. I'll try it and report the outcome.:)
Something that could prove interesting... If you knew who raised her for 4H, imagine contacting them about her history, photos of her offspring etc.
No need to go into her future unless it's a happy ending.
I know if I raised an animal and was forced to give it up, I'd cherish learning about his / her life after.

Back