• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling KBTatt Tattoo kit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been eyeballing a KBtatts pen for a long time it's great I found on here that was looking for more buns to tattoo. I REALLY needed it! I now will be able to tell the difference for all of my REW rabbits in my colony. Show buns are getting tattooed first some of my Himi's don't have tattoos.

that's good it's easy for us people with little hands. it makes life so much easier!

Yeah! it's really good to know! I'll let everyone how know it is when I get it. it may work better for me. :)

right!!! was a little shocked to see it for sale on ebay too! :)

After watching this thread since WhW started it I thought why not try something like this. I've used the clamp type for 45 + years (yup I'm an old fart) and never had an issue with them. Just takes time changing the numbers for each rabbit. With Celice saying she saw it on eBay I took a look to see what was there. ZERO KBtatts but a ton of tattoo eyebrow machines and a hole lot less than a new KB. Sooooo, why not use one of those for makeup? :thinking: I realize it's corded but they're half the money and most include 50 needles.

Teach an old dog a new trick will ya?
aah.gif

Celice":3s4ylbls said:
Yeah! it's really good to know! I'll let everyone how know it is when I get it. it may work better for me. :)
Great! I would like to know how you like it! :)

Homer":3s4ylbls said:
After watching this thread since WhW started it I thought why not try something like this. I've used the clamp type for 45 + years (yup I'm an old fart) and never had an issue with them. Just takes time changing the numbers for each rabbit. With Celice saying she saw it on eBay I took a look to see what was there. ZERO KBtatts but a ton of tattoo eyebrow machines and a hole lot less than a new KB. Sooooo, why not use one of those for makeup? :thinking: I realize it's corded but they're half the money and most include 50 needles.

Teach an old dog a new trick will ya?
aah.gif
REALLY? Are you going to try one? I've got to go look at these...

huh! that would be interesting!

but wouldn't the needles be different? human skin is so much thinner than rabbits.

Miss M":23lejaf4 said:
Is this the one you're talking about? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Tattoo-Perm ... 5398&rt=nc

I wonder if it tattoos at the correct depth for a bunny ear. Of course, that may not even be an issue. I know nothing about tattoos.
That's one of many I looked at. As for the depth I sent that question to several sellers so we'll see what (if) they reply.

I was hoping PSFAngoras would catch this and give us some advice. :all-ears: She use to tattoo people and think she said still uses her guns on the rabbits.

Thought I felt my ears burning! Jk...

I don't see anywhere on the eyebrow tat thing that the depth is adjustable, but I believe it would be. Typically when you change needles on anything you need to adjust the depth.

I did use my human machine in he rabbits at first, but where the extra weight of those machines can be a huge benefit for reducing the vibration (which in turns makes it a bit easier to get a smooth line) on humans, it makes it bulky and hard to hold at a good angle for squirming little rabbits. I ended up selling the human equipt since I did use it anymore, and got an EZ tat. They're nearly identical to the KB tats. Much nicer on rabbits that bulky human gear!

The depth is adjustable on my EZ tatt, but the vendor who sold them already had them all properly adjusted. In humans, your attempting to get 3-4 of the seven layers of skin for good permanence and depth of color, so I assume that it's the same on rabbits. It sounds like a lot, but in reality your looking at just about In between a 16th and a 32nd of an inch. Ink makes a big difference on how well it stays too, though. I use Milenium Ink's MOM line, Black Onyx. Probably any halfway decent human grade outline ink would do. <br /><br /> __________ Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:06 pm __________ <br /><br /> Oh, and the needles do look identical to human needles, though they've been adapted to fit the tat pens instead of a normal machine.

Thanks for the info PSF. Hope your ears heal quickly. :lol: I did order some MOM's ink. Think the judges will like Wild Cherry? :p

Still haven't heard from the sellers about the depth of needle penetration but...In looking at these pen tattooers it appears you control the depth by how much pressure you apply. If not then trim a little off the plastic tips.? :hmm:

$_57.JPG

I am not sure if the Judges will like the Wild Cherry but I do hope that they like the Indigo Blue that I am using. I also believe it is from MOM's ink.

Is it even possible to trim the edge of the plastic tip without cracking it?

If you manage that please let me know. I like learning new ways to do things and well if I can manage to modify something to make it easier to keep my records strait than I am all for it.

There is a Rex breeder that I show against that uses a tat pen designed for eyeliner or eyebrow tattoos. The line it makes is super wide compared to my Inkinator. The tattoos look great and are highly visible.

I use Kuro-Sumi outlining ink. The ink that came with my pen was worthless.

Thanks MSD. I was in hopes someone had used or seen the results of one before I blew another $30. ;) Time to get the DW to make me a bunny straight jacket.

Line width would be controlled by the needle selection so it's what ever looks the best. These come with 1,3 or 5 points to the needles so will have to practice on some bananas first. :lol:

Homer":1z5unab8 said:
Thanks MSD. I was in hopes someone had used or seen the results of one before I blew another $30. ;)

No problem- glad to be of service! :p

Homer":1z5unab8 said:
Time to get the DW to make me a bunny straight jacket.

I barely ever have to restrain my rabbits to tattoo them anymore. They just sit on my lap.

But! I have used a variety of methods in the past, this one being by far the most amusing:

post161481.html

For bigger rabbits I have used part of a leg from an old pair of jeans with a slit cut for the ear. Fold over each end to make it snug.

Both good ideas MSD. I usually do big (Flemish or french lops) and use an old beach towel with a slit towards one end for an ear and make a burrito out of them. More than one way to skin a...er tat a rabbit. :mrgreen:

Homer":3lx7rlty said:
Sagebrush":3lx7rlty said:
I am not sure if the Judges will like the Wild Cherry ...
Just trying to get a rise out of PSF this morning. :clown: .

Actually, I have seen people tattoo rabbits with red and green, but I wouldn't use either of those just because historically those are the colors that fade the fastest with human tattoos.

Food for thought :)

Latest posts

Back