Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oscar":1zfvbnji said:
At least you two have had babies, my doe and buck are not a good breeding pair and don't work well with each other!

What do you mean by that? They don't get along or don't have good babies?

If they don't get along (and I've heard some rabbits just don't) have you tried switching their cages for 48 hours? (putting the male in the does cage and the doe in the bucks cage?) I've heard that gets them in the mood and makes them more accepting when trying to pair them. I've also heard you can take them on car rides :lol: Something about moving to a different area kick starts their hormones or something :x .

That's actually what I'm most worried about, now that soon I'll have two breeding pairs, I've been fortunate to not have any of the problems people talk about, not looking forward to the day I do.

Fireclaws bunnbutts":2upypch0 said:
Oscar":2upypch0 said:
At least you two have had babies, my doe and buck are not a good breeding pair and don't work well with each other!

What do you mean by that? They don't get along or don't have good babies?

If they don't get along (and I've heard some rabbits just don't) have you tried switching their cages for 48 hours? (putting the male in the does cage and the doe in the bucks cage?) I've heard that gets them in the mood and makes them more accepting when trying to pair them. I've also heard you can take them on car rides :lol: Something about moving to a different area kick starts their hormones or something :x .

That's actually what I'm most worried about, now that soon I'll have two breeding pairs, I've been fortunate to not have any of the problems people talk about, not looking forward to the day I do.
She will lift but he is too high and when he is low enough she won't lift :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

My chin doe kindled Tuesday and I think she's got 9. Hard to count when they are popping around.

My Magie doe kindled last night between 5 and 9pm. She pulled a mound of fur and they look wonderful! This is her first litter 1/2 of them should have rex coats. Just about any color is possible except any white patterns, himi, and sable.

12342830_10153429638879139_2327369007646960564_n.jpg

12371078_10153429638749139_7420075299222237995_o.jpg

Any guesses what color these two might end up?
12370690_10153429638494139_2488207824411193868_o.jpg

11221909_10153429638504139_252242057700392244_o.jpg

Congrats Alforddm!

I thought I'd post some updated photos taken today of some from our current Mini Lop litter.
They are almost 4 weeks old.

Anticipating 2 more litters of Mini Lops this week! :bunnyhop:
Smokie.jpg

Blackie.jpg

Tiny%2BTim.jpg

I almost lost these ones, due to their mom suddenly deciding not to nurse when they were between two and three weeks of age. :|
(She will not be bred again, I don't care if it's a first litter... Not making a nest or something the first time might be understandable, but doing everything exactly right with nesting and nursing and then suddenly stopping early sounds more like a health problem than a mothering issue to me.)
Somehow, with lots of oats and hay, and maybe a little help from some healthy rabbits and guinea pig "probiotics," all 7 have pulled through. That chocolate jap bucking has been the worst off of the bunch. I was sure I was going to lose him, and he is still on the thin side..I think he has good chances now. (Someone would like to adopt him as a pet, but I can't sell unless he fills out a bit better.)

Attachments

• DSCN1607.JPG
    DSCN1607.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 971
  • DSCN1595.JPG
    DSCN1595.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 971
Zass":2whvw3xw said:
I almost lost these ones, due to their mom suddenly deciding not to nurse when they were between two and three weeks of age. :|
(She will not be bred again, I don't care if it's a first litter... Not making a nest or something the first time might be understandable, but doing everything exactly right with nesting and nursing and then suddenly stopping early sounds more like a health problem than a mothering issue to me.)
Somehow, with lots of oats and hay, and maybe a little help from some healthy rabbits and guinea pig "probiotics," all 7 have pulled through. That chocolate jap bucking has been the worst off of the bunch. I was sure I was going to lose him, and he is still on the thin side..I think he has good chances now. (Someone would like to adopt him as a pet, but I can't sell unless he fills out a bit better.)

Oh so pretty! Definitely drool worthy :yes:

Gettin' real excited! My first litter of the year *should* be due next Tuesday or Wed. :p (paired and bred Dec. 6th. )

Good thing too, because I don't think I can wait much longer and poor Elvira is starting to look pretty uncomfortable :lol: I just there's more than 3 or 4 in there this time :mrgreen: I like bigger litters, cause there's more snuggle factor!

Our third and fourth litters of Vlops arrived, and I could not be more excited to see how these little guys turn out!

Andromeda had 10 kits.
2h5il1x.jpg

Bonny had 5.
15n37gn.jpg

Pepperoni":i8x2on0j said:
Our third and fourth litters of Vlops arrived, and I could not be more excited to see how these little guys turn out!

Andromeda had 10 kits.
2h5il1x.jpg

Bonny had 5.
15n37gn.jpg

Fun!! What kind of colors are you expecting? I see one in the top right of the top pic that looks to go from light to dark (head to tail) - was curious what that might end up being...

Just wanted to share these pics. How many do y'all reckon are in there? :lol: She's literally ballooned in the last two days and is really uncomfy :x Just watched her figgit for about 5 minutes trying to find a comfy spot to lay in lol.

It's either a couple *really* big babies, or a bunch of little ones :? Maybe another litter of 8, more cuddle factor :lol:

Idk if the total number of times a buck falls off has anything to do with it, but I do know I got 6 or 7 good grunt/falls in like 30 minutes when I paired her and Hoodie back in Dec.

5WipQ3j.jpg

jJOCuDs.jpg

P.S it's cleaning day lol. Ignore the poop o3o.

Fireclaws bunnbutts":2riz66sk said:
Just wanted to share these pics. How many do y'all reckon are in there? :lol: She's literally ballooned in the last two days and is really uncomfy :x Just watched her figgit for about 5 minutes trying to find a comfy spot to lay in lol.

It's either a couple *really* big babies, or a bunch of little ones :? Maybe another litter of 8, more cuddle factor :lol:

Idk if the total number of times a buck falls off has anything to do with it, but I do know I got 6 or 7 good grunt/falls in like 30 minutes when I paired her and Hoodie back in Dec.

5WipQ3j.jpg

jJOCuDs.jpg

P.S it's cleaning day lol. Ignore the poop o3o.

Awww... poor thing! I know how she feels :lol: Those last few days are miserable, I tell ya!

heritage":1v2iw45f said:
Fun!! What kind of colors are you expecting? I see one in the top right of the top pic that looks to go from light to dark (head to tail) - was curious what that might end up being...

Andromeda is a REW, so it was kind of a mystery. The only think I knew that she carried for sure before the breeding was blue. I'm thinking those lighter colored kits are cream or fawn. One is broken (I think that's the one you're talking about). Then there's that light one with a couple of small dark spots on it's back. I think that may be a lightly marked blue/fawn tri. We should know more in a few days. I'm also interested to see if those with the pink bellies are agouti or otter. Anything is possible in that litter. LOL

Omg *cries* They're all so cute! :D
I found out over the weekend that my rabbit was mixed with a wild rabbit.
No wonder she's so skittish and doesn't look like a lionhead :? Oh well, can't do anything about it now.

funnies50":wuqdzjqa said:
Omg *cries* They're all so cute! :D
I found out over the weekend that my rabbit was mixed with a wild rabbit.
No wonder she's so skittish and doesn't look like a lionhead :? Oh well, can't do anything about it now.

Sure she's not just super spazzy? North American cottontails cannot successfully mate with domestic rabbits, which were bred from European Wild rabbits, and are totally different species. I believe there *are* still areas in the US where populations of wild Euro rabbits persist, but not sure exactly where.

At anyrate, We(me and Elvira :lol: ) have babies! I haven't checked on them yet because they were literally born about 40ish minutes ago, but she spent about 30 minutes in the nest box and then when she came back out, she was skinny again :lol:

Right on time too, today is day 31.

I'll give everyone til this afternoon to rest up and to give the babies time to get used to not floating lol. Plus mommas giving me the stink eye, she's usually pretty sweet, but gets a bit grumpy for a few days after she has babies. But as big as she got this time, I can't blame her this time 'round :popcorn: <br /><br /> __________ Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:31 pm __________ <br /><br /> Holy babies, Batman! :lol: So, I just gave momma a big ole' pile of grass to nom while I checked on the babies and oh my glop lol. I figured she was going to have quite a few, but *9*! 8 alive and wiggly and 1 dead, she ate the front legs off the dead one so I really hope it was dead beforehand and didn't die because of the fact, though I'd have heard it screaming, right? :cry:

Everyones active and warm and pretty much the same size except for one that's slightly smaller than the others.

IxfMMEO.jpg

Would the small one be the one on the very top? :eek:
Either way they all look just fine to me. xP

No, apparently her parents were wild rabbits that were hopping around the school and had been brought home as pets. However, there were also domesticated ones kept in the same yard, aaaand...

Back