Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funnies50":3n7t788e said:
No, apparently her parents were wild rabbits that were hopping around the school and had been brought home as pets. However, there were also domesticated ones kept in the same yard, aaaand...

The word your looking for is feral, not wild. If they could be brought home as pets and bred with domestic rabbits they would have been escaped domestics themselves, or the offspring of escaped domestic rabbits.

funnies50":1gir6yf3 said:
Would the small one be the one on the very top? :eek:
Either way they all look just fine to me. xP

That'd be the one. If I'm going to end up losing any, it'll probably be that one :(. The runt of the litter survived in the last litter but then there were only 4 that time, now there's twice as many! :lol:

These are the kits our NZB had yesterday morning. We bred her with one of our NZW bucks. Hopefully they will make it since it is her first litter and hasn't seemed to have fed them much or if any as of 36 hours later. *fingers crossed* Oh, and this picture was taking just after birth yesterday morning.

Curious whether or not these are chestnuts since they have pinkish inner ears and pink bellies.

By day 7 the chestnuts will have pretty white fur inside their ears and on their bellies. Steel is common in NZs too, and can appear when whites and blacks are crossed. Those kits would look like chestnut kits but with murkier color, yellowish or greyish ear and belly fur instead of white, or sometimes like selfs for a while, and then show just a little ticking as they mature.

Zass":2z4cucag said:
funnies50":2z4cucag said:
No, apparently her parents were wild rabbits that were hopping around the school and had been brought home as pets. However, there were also domesticated ones kept in the same yard, aaaand...
The word you're looking for is feral, not wild. If they could be brought home as pets and bred with domestic rabbits they would have been escaped domestics themselves, or the offspring of escaped domestic rabbits.
Well, thank you for clarifying that :) :lol:
Knacker, they're so cute :p

Had two litters born on the 7th both kind of odd in the color distribution numbers.

First one was 9 .... 8 lilac and 1 chocolate out of a lilac doe & chocolate buck.

Second one was 8 ... all chocolates out of a chocolate doe & chocolate buck. The last time this paid produced 11 - 6 lilac and 5 chocolate.

(yeah , I know - pics .... )

That's just to cute Stephanie! You should send it me so you don't overload on it! :in_love:

Ramjet":183gpk18 said:
Had two litters born on the 7th both kind of odd in the color distribution numbers.

First one was 9 .... 8 lilac and 1 chocolate out of a lilac doe & chocolate buck.

Second one was 8 ... all chocolates out of a chocolate doe & chocolate buck. The last time this paid produced 11 - 6 lilac and 5 chocolate.

Yayas, or it never happened! :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:14 pm __________ <br /><br /> Here's my babies again at 1 week old today.

Think everyone is finally sorted out and staying where they're supposed to(I had some issues with babies crawling away from the others and laying all over the nest box, missing feedings etc) :lol: I think the problem was that with so much hay in the nest box, they were getting *too* warm. So I took some out and they've been staying snug in the nest.

There's still 7 and with everyone fed, I'm pretty confident that they'll all survive at this point.

2e6hc2e.jpg

sphfs3.jpg

Ramjet":3o4eye92 said:

(Still waiting... )

:gettowork:

Fireclaw, those kits are really precious!!!

I like the bright red on the one closet to the camera. :love:

Zass":wwp3qdze said:
Ramjet":wwp3qdze said:

(Still waiting... )

:gettowork:

I did get to work .... on top of my house being a total wreck , I started a new job this Monday ....

Ramjet":2npeqc7z said:
I did get to work .... on top of my house being a total wreck , I started a new job this Monday ....

Ah, I understand. I've spent the last 5 months working alternating shifts with the husband. Hardly any rabbit photos were taken. :(

From my December litters, my 5 survivors.
Mama's litter 1 month old:
001 (500x375).jpg
002 (500x375) (2).jpg

Rosa's litter 18days old:
010 (500x375).jpg
006 (500x375) (2).jpg
As long as the sex change fairy doesn't hit, we will be keeping Lavender. Have no idea what color she'll be when full grown. Could stay black.

Ramjet, those chocolate and lilac kits of yours were totally worth the wait!! So pretty. :love:

Wamplrcathy, if those white ones were mine...I would be so tempted to poke their dark little nose-buttons.

Oscar, whats wrong?

I've bred her like five times and first one was a false pregnancy I have waited full term each time and nutin, this time I am waiting till the 18th, in my little "excesize pen" which is really just a raised garden with particle board around the outside, and some hay and boxes inside, but anyway, I had a fall off while my buck and doe were in there and he squealed and fell of. I so don't get this. It's getting really enjoying. But when she had the "false pregnancy" which was this year, and when I palpated her I felt grape like bumps in her tummy, is it possible that she reabsorbed her litter. I still need help.

Oscar":l7k6tshb said:
I've bred her like five times and first one was a false pregnancy I have waited full term each time and nutin, this time I am waiting till the 18th, in my little "excesize pen" which is really just a raised garden with particle board around the outside, and some hay and boxes inside, but anyway, I had a fall off while my buck and doe were in there and he squealed and fell of. I so don't get this. It's getting really enjoying. But when she had the "false pregnancy" which was this year, and when I palpated her I felt grape like bumps in her tummy, is it possible that she reabsorbed her litter. I still need help.

Inability to conceive is most often related to fat buildup around their reproductive organs. They might not seem overweight to us, but rabbits really aren't meant to carry much body fat at all.

There is also a possibility that she has something else wrong with her reproductive system, and may never be able to carry a litter.
A tumor or cyst can cause problems, and friend of mine had a rabbit that was never able to conceive due to a retained fetus.

Latest posts

Back