Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to get 3 fall overs. The few times that I only had 1 fall over, never resulted in litters. This time around I only got 2 on Tartar, so I'll see if that was enough.

Best of luck.

So, if you get your doe pregnant, what exactly are you planning to do with the litter?
Anyway, if you know what you'r doing I just would let them live together and have nature her way.

Zass":2p09c164 said:
Oscar":2p09c164 said:
I've bred her like five times and first one was a false pregnancy I have waited full term each time and nutin, this time I am waiting till the 18th, in my little "excesize pen" which is really just a raised garden with particle board around the outside, and some hay and boxes inside, but anyway, I had a fall off while my buck and doe were in there and he squealed and fell of. I so don't get this. It's getting really enjoying. But when she had the "false pregnancy" which was this year, and when I palpated her I felt grape like bumps in her tummy, is it possible that she reabsorbed her litter. I still need help.

Inability to conceive is most often related to fat buildup around their reproductive organs. They might not seem overweight to us, but rabbits really aren't meant to carry much body fat at all.

There is also a possibility that she has something else wrong with her reproductive system, and may never be able to carry a litter.
A tumor or cyst can cause problems, and friend of mine had a rabbit that was never able to conceive due to a retained fetus.
I just recently culled/processed a doe that, while she could get pregnant, couldn't deliver live/healthy kits. 3 tries and one live kit - many dead ones, at least one large, stretched one each litter. She had a tumor in one horn, toward the top. I guess that was the source of her issues... I expected to find some retained and/or calcified kits, but surprisingly just the marble sized tumor. <br /><br /> __________ Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:47 pm __________ <br /><br />
Zass":2p09c164 said:
Ramjet, those chocolate and lilac kits of yours were totally worth the wait!! So pretty. :love:

I agree - very pretty!!

heritage":80y9za73 said:
Zass":80y9za73 said:
Ramjet, those chocolate and lilac kits of yours were totally worth the wait!! So pretty. :love:

I agree - very pretty!!

Thanks , I love my Rex .... You should see the blacks & blues. Pictures just don't do them justice.

Thanks , I love my Rex .... You should see the blacks & blues. Pictures just don't do them justice.[/quote]
My Rex is the pain in my but! Any health conditions besides sore hocks that I should know about?
Preitler":2fpn6oij said:
So, if you get your doe pregnant, what exactly are you planning to do with the litter?
Anyway, if you know what you'r doing I just would let them live together and have nature her way.
they do live together in a hutch in my garden and he knows when she's tired of him because she has a little sqeally squeak that she does, and well I would sell/give away the babies and the rest we would send to freezer camp. I have this feeling that this is going to continue so I will just make a new thread on the Illnesses, Injuries, and Parisites forum and it will be called My Rex Doe, so if you can help please check it out!

First babies of 2016!

Holly had 12, 10 living.
She was 3 days early and it shows!
image.jpg

Her dam, Clover, had 5 on Thursday (due date)
image.jpg

Both (harle) were bred to Prince Harry (broken red NZ).
There are a couple of lightly marked tris in Holly's litter.

TF3":zxj38ps4 said:
First babies of 2016!

Holly had 12, 10 living.
She was 3 days early and it shows!

Her dam, Clover, had 5 on Thursday (due date)

Both (harle) were bred to Prince Harry (broken red NZ).
There are a couple of lightly marked tris in Holly's litter.

Beautiful kits TF3!!
I wish I had popples too... :( Maybe in a couple weeks if the does took..
My harlequins are very forage hardy, but the downside is that they put on WAY too much body fat when suddenly switched from forage to free-fed pellets because my husband was (over)caring for them while I was at work. :roll: To much fat = no babies.

Our current Dutch litter from our blue doe Kiki and our Chocolate buck Dallas. They are the sweetest little dutch babies and we are so excited for our next litter coming up. :)

Attachments

• kikibab.jpg
    kikibab.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,073
  • kikibabies.jpg
    kikibabies.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,073
Just had my first 2016 Holland Lop litter today!!! 4 live, 1 dead. Looks like 1 broken black, 1 black and 2 black torts. Super excited to see how they grow :D Have 2 more does due tomorrow.

CanadianWinter":2y8ekemp said:
Just had my first 2016 Holland Lop litter today!!! 4 live, 1 dead. Looks like 1 broken black, 1 black and 2 black torts. Super excited to see how they grow :D Have 2 more does due tomorrow.

Pics or it didn't happen! :wr_shake:

TF3":2sa7otdk said:
Any luck at your place Zass?

So cute!

I have 13 new harlequin kits. Overachiever. :roll:
8 would have sufficed.
I'm expecting to wean about 10 here, as I have no foster does, and the mother is smaller than mot commercial does.

Attachments

• DSCN1907.JPG
    DSCN1907.JPG
    318.8 KB · Views: 1,306
  • DSCN1910.JPG
    DSCN1910.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 1,306
Patience, Ramjet, patience! :D 'Tis cold out ;) Will try get pictures soon :) <br /><br /> __________ Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:13 am __________ <br /><br /> Aaand 4 more kits! Out of a Tri doe and a broken black buck :)

Dang, if I were nearby you could foster some of those kits to me!! <br /><br /> __________ Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:00 pm __________ <br /><br /> Here are two week old kits wondering if it's safe to come out and play!!! I'll be taking off the front of the nest box probably tomorrow and adding more pads in the cage so little feet don't get stuck! These are NZR crosses.

Attachments

• Aa 515a.jpg
    Aa 515a.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,282
  • Aa 514a.jpg
    Aa 514a.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,282

Latest posts

Back