Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I think a dilute harli is still just a harli.
The Charlies (they're FALSE charlies if one parent is solid) MIGHT be tri... looks like they have some dark smudges on their ears and such unless they're only white and cream.

Syberchick70":2s3hr4j7 said:
The Charlies (they're FALSE charlies if one parent is solid) MIGHT be tri... looks like they have some dark smudges on their ears and such unless they're only white and cream.
The Charlies father is a tri, mother is broken fawn. Would they still be charlies or are they tris? There does seem to be some smudging on the ears and around the eyes.

Jordan513":21tmb98d said:
Syberchick70":21tmb98d said:
The Charlies father is a tri, mother is broken fawn. Would they still be charlies or are they tris? There does seem to be some smudging on the ears and around the eyes.

Maybe Dood will chime in and make sure I'm getting this right, but if BOTH parents are broken (it sounds like they are - Father is 'Tri' (broken harli), Mom is broken fawn), then those kits are true Charlies, but they can still be tri-color charlies (sounds like they might be). Charlies aren't necessarily a bad thing, they tend to have more GI issues than other kits, so treat them carefully, as you would any kit anyway I'm sure, but if bred with a solid, you'll get 100% broken in the litter.

I like those harlis though, it looks like they have nice clear markings. :)

JenerationX":23mufk9w said:
Loving all the babies! I thought the blue-ish harlis were magpies, but I could be completely wrong.

Hmm... not sure. That isn't what I thought they were. I thought Maggie's were black (or blue I guess) chins with sort of brindle striping?

Harlequins can be black, blue, chocolate or lilac based, and magpies can be too.

The back and orange is your black based harlequin, with black and white being magpie.

Picture a chocolate harlequin as orange and brown, and a chocolate magpie as brown and white. The "orange" part of the coat will look more like it's respective dilute or chocolate (or both) non-extension shade. Think cream for a dilute.

I'll show you all those colors when I start producing them... :D

__________ Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 pm __________

Also some amount of harlequin patten can show up on a steel, chestnut, otter or chinchilla coat, where it will just look like dark patches and smut. That happens when a rabbit only has one recessive copy of the gene paired with the more dominant extension E or steel Es genes.

We'd refer to that as a "harlequinized" chestnut, chinchilla, GTS, otter, or whatever.

Found my first time mom with 5 little pigs in her nest Monday night. 9 month old dark Chestnut French Lop doe bred to a 10 month old lighter Chestnut buck. Gee, what do you think they could be. :lol: Looked well feed last night when I pulled the box and took this picture.

4 13 15 babies.jpg

Zass":xju7cc6d said:
Harlequins can be black, blue, chocolate or lilac based, and magpies can be too.

The back and orange is your black based harlequin, with black and white being magpie.

Picture a chocolate harlequin as orange and brown, and a chocolate magpie as brown and white. The "orange" part of the coat will look more like it's respective dilute or chocolate (or both) non-extension shade. Think cream for a dilute.

I'll show you all those colors when I start producing them... :D

__________ Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 pm __________

Also some amount of harlequin patten can show up on a steel, chestnut, otter or chinchilla coat, where it will just look like dark patches and smut. That happens when a rabbit only has one recessive copy of the gene paired with the more dominant extension E or steel Es genes.

We'd refer to that as a "harlequinized" chestnut, chinchilla, GTS, otter, or whatever.

I had seen that term, but didn't understand what it meant. Thanks!! :)

These pretty babes were born the 11th out of a (supposedly) Chocolate Silver Fox by an American Chinchilla. I say supposedly since her fur isn't really the texture a SF fur is supposed to be. Chocolate isn't breed standard either, right? Anyway, she throws pretty buns! My husband and I were trying to figure out what these colors are called...and we aren't sure....
IMG_0817.JPG

That brown with white underside is so pretty. :)
IMG_0823.JPG

What a pretty litter!

They look like what I get in my SF cross litters.
You are in NY? They may even be related to mine. A friend sells a lot of SF crosses. They are advertised as such, but I wouldn't put it past someone to re-sell some and call them pure to make a faster sale.

The dark one with white inside the ears is a chestnut agouti. I see at least one blue, and the other two look a little more like lilac and lynx (lilac agouti, white inside the ears and white belly). I'm not 100% sure though. The lighting could be throwing me off. At least, I can say with 100% confidence that all three are dilutes. Which is a recessive that has to be carried by both parents to appear in a litter.

The ones with faint brindling but lack the full on white agouti markings are gold tipped steel.

Your american chinchilla isn't anymore pure than your SF, if he's throwing dilutes.
But they are are lovely :D

I'm very curious as to where you got your buns.
(as I know another breeder who has a chinchilla colored rabbit that can throw chocolate.)

Actually, I'd love to see pics of the adult rabbits if you wouldn't mind posting them.

Chocolate SF are crosses from Satins, if you have an actual pedigree of SF, that is where the line comes from. If not, it's guess work. Folks are trying to get them passed, but htey have failed their ARBA showings.

I have chin Rex that throw chocolate chins. they are rather beautiful, if nothing else.

skysthelimit":6aqtgvnt said:
Chocolate SF are crosses from Satins, if you have an actual pedigree of SF, that is where the line comes from. If not, it's guess work. Folks are trying to get them passed, but htey have failed their ARBA showings.

I have chin Rex that throw chocolate chins. they are rather beautiful, if nothing else.

That is a good point. The pedigreed chocolate carrying SF line I had didn't have quite as nice of standup coats as the others.

It's been horrible with them. Not a lot of consistency with the blues either. 10 or so hard years they put into it, and now the COD starts all over again. I just culled my blues, I didn't like them enough to continue raising them.

Hezaa outdid herself. I thought she had 5 again but it turns out there are 6. One netherland litter with 6 healthy kits, getting fed, no deformities, and both parents are within show weight. How often do you find a ND doe like that. That makes her litters 5, 4, 6. Anyone want some blue and lilac ermines cause that's all this and last litter are going to be. Hezaa definitely gets a break after this.

Here's 6 of the Mini Rex kits at 6 weeks old. The one Chocolate otter I wound up sending to Monterey a couple of days ago with that lady because his wound abcessed. She said he's doing good though. I call the hurt one "Sparky" (I don't know why)

Queen Elsa was named by one of the daughters of the people who are taking her.

Nosey was named by me (she's claimed, but the people haven't given me a name... I named her Nosey because when she was like 3 weeks old, I was laying on the couch with her on my chest and she was sticking her face up my nose)

Samantha was named by her soon-to-be owner, (who happens to be the lady who took her brother Sparky to make him feel better).

Venom was named by a 9yo boy who is the grandson of the lady that's buying him. I call him Fat Boy because he's the biggest in the litter. Also, his mom is Fat Girl, so it kind of fits.

Petey Bandito was named by his human, because it's a mix of Peter, and his prefix is Bandit's (FB356).

Seven is also named by me. He is going with Nosey, the lady has 2 little boys who are in 4H and wanted to get them rabbits as pets. She never said what they're going to name the 2, so I have Nosey (reason for that above) and Seven, kind of because I ran out of names and his tattoo number is (well, will be, once I get the tattoo pen I was promised in trade for Samantha) FB357, so.... Yeah

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 532
Back