Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alforddm":6kh6u3c4 said:
OHHHH :oops: I thought you where referring to their sire being a mixed breed "blue bunny" I still thought it was funny but it's alot funnier now. I didn't even catch the "blue bunny" ice cream bucket. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's funny that it worked either way. :lol: I just pictured someone going into the store with assorted bunny colors in the Blue Bunny tub and saying "this isn't what I bought." :lol: I'd post that on the Blue Bunny FB page. They'd probably love it.

You guys need your baby bunny fix today so here's an update picture of one of our 3 week old french lops.

This one just radioed in to the tower for clearance to takeoff.
Ready for takeoff 3wk.jpg :lol:

Homer":1isv2a1u said:
You guys need your baby bunny fix today so here's an update picture of one of our 3 week old french lops.

This one just radioed in to the tower for clearance to takeoff.
:lol:
:) So cute Homer!

__________ Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:11 pm __________

jeannie":1isv2a1u said:
Got some sports ~ *crossing fingers* for great manes to develop. I'll pick the best to put back into the BEW program :)
Adorable Jeannie! <br /><br /> __________ Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:41 am __________ <br /><br /> They've arrived! Violet's 2nd litter arrived early this morning!
I had last checked on her at 3:00 a.m. and nothing was happening yet.
Well, sometime between 3:00 and 7:30 a.m. she pulled fur and had 6 little ones!!
Yay!! All 6 are warm, wiggly, and making noise!!

Good job Violet!!
Violets%2B2nd%2Blitter.jpg

Newborn%2Bkit%2BJan%2B13%2B2015.jpg

alforddm":t0bxmgj5 said:
Got some sports

I've heard the term "sports" in reference to rabbits before but have no idea what it means. Can someone explain please?

What I call sports: I cross my BEW with a colored rabbit. The offspring has white blazes, and/or feet, and white on the neck or chest. I have these because I am introducing better manes into my BEW program. They are not showable, and only for pets :)

And I am looking forward to see Violets lil bunchs pictures as they grow!! Yeah!!

Thanks for the congratulations!
Here is a picture of the whole gang. I'm newer at this but looks to me like 3 Japanese Harlequin, 1 Magpie Harlequin, and two Tricolor.
2nd litter hours old Jan 13 2015.jpg

Zass":t0hb90k0 said:
alforddm":t0hb90k0 said:
I've heard the term "sports" in reference to rabbits before but have no idea what it means. Can someone explain please?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sport
: an individual exhibiting a sudden deviation from type beyond the normal limits of individual variation usually as a result of mutation especially of somatic tissue

I guess I could have explained my previous answer more throughly:

A rabbit who is a sport simply carries the Vienna gene ~ which makes the white markings. They may also have the blue eyes. These rabbits should only be used in a BEW program. The vienna gene may hide, and pop up in later generations. This is why you should always say the rabbit is VM or VC. VC is a rabbit that carries the gene (a vienna carrier), but does not show any white areas.

This is not a "mutation", but a way of describing some of the genetics of the rabbit.

Hope this helps, and I apologize for my "too short of an answer" previously.

Examples:
The blue tort, 2nd from the left is a VC, and the black tort on the far right is also a VC, the other two are VM
The black and white is a VM

Attachments

• black VM.jpg
    black VM.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 722
  • 2wks 1d 1.jpg
    2wks 1d 1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 722
Dovetuft X Riddic : 9 kits
This pairing produced a litter of hybrids that reached a very comfortable 4.5 - 5 lbs at 8 weeks.
I'd like to see if they can do it again. :)

GEDC1865.JPG

Pearl X Frett : 8 kits
For my agouti-fox project
Genotypes are: aa bb C_ dd Es_ and Aa Bb C_ dd E_
c (rew) and e(non-extension) unlikely but not impossible.
Expecting lilacs, blues, lynx, opal, blue GTS and lilac GTS

GEDC1860.JPG

Should end up similar to this litter:
My next step is to select the foxiest and fastest growing opal and lynx kits to cross with dilute and chocolate carrying chestnuts. I do like the personalities in this batch.
I have to flip them over and look at their bellies to be sure who is steel and who is opal or lynx. I do have a hint...anyone with ticking but no eye circles is a steel for sure.
GEDC1834.JPG

__________ Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:37 am __________

It's too bad the only lynx kit is a little runt. He's a fluffy thing.
In theory, their adult pelts will have a lot more guard hair and show their colors better. I might just have to keep this guy around long enough to see what the coat will look like..

GEDC1811.JPG

Back