Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WhWRabbitry, those kits are SO precious! I love the colors. :love: :D

Can anyone help me with the colors of my velveteen kits?
My best guess on genotypes are:
aa Bb C_ D_ Ee En en
and:
Aa B_ C_ Dd ee En en

It's been hard enough to find velveteens that had all the qualities I like, so I couldn't afford to be picky about breeding broken to broken yet. I actually do plan on moving away from broken patterns, but, it's going to take a little while to do.

The blacks are easy to pick out, I'm guessing the rest are probably oranges, smutty oranges or torts.

Attachments

• GEDC0211.JPG
    GEDC0211.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 1,270
Thought I'd share an updated photo on our two Lion-Lops. They turned one week old yesterday:

One%2Bweek%2Bold%2BNov%2B2014%2B019.JPG

One%2Bweek%2Bold%2BNov%2B2014%2B018.JPG

jeannie":1slnj51y said:
Awww... so cute!! This never gets old does it? LOL
I sure hope it doesn't! :)
I checked out your website Jeannie. I love your chicken coop & rabbit house!! So neat. Your Lionheads are adorable!

I know I've already posted this litter twice on this thread, but they are my first babies and I just can't get over how adorable they are! :wr_love:

9 days old

007_zpsd2e0b260.jpg

009_zps37cf5c11.jpg

012_zpsd18b9966.jpg

I can hardly pick out the runt, anymore. Looks like he's going to be just fine. :D

Phacelia":14dgkam1 said:
I know I've already posted this litter twice on this thread, but they are my first babies and I just can't get over how adorable they are! :wr_love:

9 days old

007_zpsd2e0b260.jpg

009_zps37cf5c11.jpg

012_zpsd18b9966.jpg

I can hardly pick out the runt, anymore. Looks like he's going to be just fine. :D

I totally understand Phacelia! We have our first 2 litters that are 10 days old and I can't stop taking pictures of them! I love the color of yours.

Phacelia":2b9bt9cm said:

9 days old

I'm glad your runt is doing well.
Post them all you want, they are beautiful. :love: It's nice to watch them grow. :)

WhWRabbitry":1vvy0a15 said:
jeannie":1vvy0a15 said:
I checked out your website Jeannie. I love your chicken coop & rabbit house!! So neat. Your Lionheads are adorable!

And YOU should post a picture of the "well feed kit" you have on your site! (sorry if I missed it elsewhere)... that picture is just a postcard in the waiting!!

jeannie":1x2ahf9w said:
WhWRabbitry":1x2ahf9w said:
jeannie":1x2ahf9w said:

And YOU should post a picture of the "well feed kit" you have on your site! (sorry if I missed it elsewhere)... that picture is just a postcard in the waiting!!

:) Since you requested it Jeannie!

Well%2Bfed%2BLion%2BLop%2B9%2Bdays.jpg

Lol. I know he's such a chub! Yes, Tank would be a suitable name!
It's adorable. His Momma is feeding both of them very well. Too bad the Momma is such a grouch when she's pregnant/has babies! I'm planning to sell her for a pet when the kits are weaned. She's sweet when not a Momma. Do aggressive/territorial Does get better on that with additional litters or is it likely if she's grouch this time around that she always will be?

WhWRabbitry":16t4nevz said:
Lol. I know he's such a chub! Yes, Tank would be a suitable name!
It's adorable. His Momma is feeding both of them very well. Too bad the Momma is such a grouch when she's pregnant/has babies! I'm planning to sell her for a pet when the kits are weaned. She's sweet when not a Momma. Do aggressive/territorial Does get better on that with additional litters or is it likely if she's grouch this time around that she always will be?

Depends on the doe. ;)
I keep the mean ones out of my breeding programs, because there can be a strong genetic factor.

We had one that was very well fed. I don't have pics of her standing but we called her hippo bunny from what she looked like when she started walking around at 2 weeks. Big round legs and round body with fat hanging over the sides. In the end I'm not sure if it was just the excess feeding or some paired genetics but we just couldn't keep the weight off her and culled her rather than pass on the questionable genetics.

DSCN0079.jpg

Akane your hippo is still REALLY cute.

Here's Mucky's kits. :love: The torts actually look like torts this time!
One solid tort, two brokens, and I think a broken orange. I'll get a closer pic of it's ears...I'm all paranoid about orange-looking chocolate torts now, but...
Since the sire was an orange with no chocolate on his pedigree, real orange is likely.
GEDC0275.JPG

And Feather's little pastel rainbow of mix breed rabbits:
GEDC0250.JPG

I love when the brokens have that little line of color down their backs.... really cute.

Awwww hippo bunny looks like she was so snuggly.

Latest posts

Back