Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally! I got a pic with colors. This is to be another inside litter. I lost another kit to wandering out of the nestbox and getting chilled. :cry:
When it happens, it's always before their eyes open. In this case, it was at 7 days old.
I'm looking around for a better nestbox design, mine seem to have too low of front panels. It's letting them wander out too easily during the cold months.

GEDC0145.JPG

With only 8 for Feather to feed now, that lynx runt is doing well.
It's kinda neat to be able to see the self, steel, and agouti variants of lilac in the same litter. Looks like my two lilac gold tipped steels are going to show a lot of color!
You can ID the ones in the pic easily by their ears.

All the blue kits were opals. Those are the ones I'll be watching for potential brood does. I'd sure like an opal or two to replace the two self lilac looking does I'm using right now. :pancake:

As the the lilac colored kit.
Well, it might be self. Statistical probability suggests that a genetic self is likely...Who knows? :shrug: Steel is sneaky and can look exactly like self in many different conditions. :ninja: If you value your selfs, don't mix them with steels. :soap: I suspect that sneaky steels are responsible for many poorly colored selfs.

GEDC0151.JPG

Attachments

• GEDC0133.JPG
    GEDC0133.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 1,989
We have a beautiful Holland Lop that is due to have babies TOMORROW (FRIDAY).

Woke up this morning at 4:15AM and just had a feeling.................

Went out in the garage and found these little cuties all bundled up in hay in straw in the nest box.... Born on day 30!!

StormsBabies.JPG

Here's a picture of the mom.

DSC_3709_resize.JPG

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

:congratulations: Jimmy!
arg-dancing-woohoo-gold-url.gif

Homer":19i4rjym said:
Jordan513":19i4rjym said:
New Holland litter born on the 23rd.
Pictures or it didn't happen. :p

Welcome to the site Jordan.
Thanks Homer. Just some issues shrinking the pic to fit the site. Father is a tri, mother is a tort. I'll post an updated pic with their fur coming in. It looks like I have 3 tri's, 2 magpies and a harlequin.

Mucky contributing her second litter to this thread!

These ones are less than 10 minutes old.
7 kits, (one doa) to make for 6 living babies!

If she's going to go ahead and have them when guests are coming through the door and dogs are barking...I'm not going to restrain myself with my camera. :)
She could have them at night when everyone's in bed and the dogs are upstairs with us. She chooses not to.
One of these days I'll have to get her on video.

After waiting for popples...the next hardest part is waiting for their colors to come in!

From the pairing, I'm expecting blacks, chestnuts, torts or oranges. I'm also hoping to see my first velveteen litter without the astrex curls present on kits.

Rabbit raisers certainly can be the impatient type! 31 days for kits, a few days for colors...We've even figured out how to sex newborns so that we don't have to wait for them to reach 3-4 weeks to sex. :lol:

7 kits, (one doa) to make for 6 living babies!

__________ Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:17 pm __________

That makes 6 litters from me, I think...

Hopefully, MSD will have seen enough adorable kits on here to determine that I am, in fact, a contributing member of the rabbit raising community, despite my inclination to have a few empty cages. :p

Attachments

• GEDC0166.JPG
    GEDC0166.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,928
Hezaa's ermines are getting color. The blue has ticking on his butt and blue nose and ears.

Sounds like your Mucky has no modesty Zass. LOL

I love the gray one Akane. Is that steel or chinchilla.. or something else? I'm still trying to figure out the 5000 different rabbit colors.

JenerationX":3lognng0 said:
Sounds like your Mucky has no modesty Zass. LOL

I love the gray one Akane. Is that steel or chinchilla.. or something else?

The darker grey one is just a normal a chinchilla, right Akane?

"Modesty" isn't in Mucky's vocabulary. Neither is "discretion".
But...she has the most lovable personality.
[album]2349[/album]

Zass":2jxmpuql said:
That makes 6 litters from me, I think...

Hopefully, MSD will have seen enough adorable kits on here to determine that I am, in fact, a contributing member of the rabbit raising community, despite my inclination to have a few empty cages. :p

Hmm. :? Well, the jury is still out.

We are making progress, though. :yes:

Zass":2jxmpuql said:
I'm also hoping to see my first velveteen litter without the astrex curls present on kits.

We will just have to see if some of these will be kept to fill a few of those empty cages, or if you will find some other reason besides curls to fill freezer space instead. ***Sniff!***

I must say, you seem to have a voracious appetite for rabbit meat...

:twisted:

The grey is a regular black chinchilla. The creamy ones are also chinchillas but nonextension like red is to chestnut or tort to black.

If only I had any left for my freezer!

Those curly velveteens do go quickly, and for good prices on the pet market.
Honestly, I don't really understand enough about those curl genetics to send sweet tempered rabbits to freezer camp simply for carrying the trait.

Petting them out can be considered part of my multi-step plan to spread rabbitosis. :D

Anyone who owns one of those bunnies (curly or not), will inevitably decide at some point, that they need a second bunny for the first one to cuddle with.

I am beginning to think I may need to keep back the pair of opal kits to see what I might get from them breeding back to their parents. :?

Here are some pictures taken today trying to show their colour better.
Opal kit1 (600x800).jpgOpal2 (600x800).jpgOK2 face (600x800).jpgOK rings (600x800).jpg

I also have a kit that I was planning on keeping back as a good meat doe, who has fallen into her name by happenstance. This poor kit has been dragged out of the nest, peed on, and had her mothers large water crock dropped on her in the nest during the night. I feel she has earned the name Murphy... :lol:
Murphy3 (800x600).jpg

JenerationX":3n6h5p2g said:
This thread is just cuteness overload!

I agree. :D

Phacelia that golden color is lovely. :love:

Sagebrush, those opals sure are cute! My best ever SF buck survived a mother who peed on the whole litter.
I hope Murphy grows into a good meat doe for you. :clover:

They are SO cute Phacelia! <br /><br /> __________ Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:15 pm __________ <br /><br /> Mini Lop kits - one week old today. I can't get over their cuteness! :bunnyhop:
Love how their little ears are starting to flop down.

WhWVT%2BNov%2B14%2BLineback%2Bday%2B6.JPG

WhWVT%2BNov%2B14%2BMagpie%2Bears%2Bflop%2Bday%2B6.JPG

WhWVT%2BNov%2B14%2Blitter%2Bday%2B6.JPG

Latest posts

Back