You never know what good you have till you look...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Point Rabbitry

Reaction score
For me, I was getting disappointed with my breeding stock. I didn't know who I should cull.
I made a list of the SOP Holland Lop standard was and placed all my rabbits against it. I found that I have some pretty good animals! I also found that some does that I was planning on culling, I should keep. And does that I was going to keep, should go.

I highly suggest others try it!

And below are a couple "gems" I found in my own rabbitry.

Briarwood's Mercury. I was stuck on the long ears, and bigger body. But I found he's actually blossoming into a nice young buck. Around 6 months old now.

Cedar Point (unnamed) 2-3 month old doe I was going to sell. I absolutely love her topline and body! Ears are really nice too.

Cedar Point Aliya 7-8 month old doe I'm quite happy with. Her head is out of proportion, and she's over the weight limit, but I like her mass, bone and width. And ears. And depth :)

Attachments

• Cedar Point Aliya.jpg
    Cedar Point Aliya.jpg
    49.7 KB
  • Cedar Point (unnamed).jpg
    Cedar Point (unnamed).jpg
    37.1 KB
  • Briarwood's Mercury.jpg
    Briarwood's Mercury.jpg
    51 KB
I am pretty new to things but I am hoping to be able to start learning about confirmation and proper traits of my rabbits soon! None of mine are currently pedigreed, but my daughter has expressed interest in showing some, and I just think it's good to have an overall idea what to look for. I know I have a doe that's more slender in the face, and others that have different bone structure from their rabbitry mates. Thanks for sharing about yours!

I like that first one .... not that I know what I'm looking at.

I've been re-evaluating some of those I kept recently .... and questioning the decision on a couple of them.

macksmom98":fhfqbp4l said:
I am pretty new to things but I am hoping to be able to start learning about confirmation and proper traits of my rabbits soon! None of mine are currently pedigreed, but my daughter has expressed interest in showing some, and I just think it's good to have an overall idea what to look for. I know I have a doe that's more slender in the face, and others that have different bone structure from their rabbitry mates. Thanks for sharing about yours!

What breed do you have? Holland Lops as well? What I found very helpful was making a list of what the breed standard without the extra writing, covered it and have it in my rabbitry. Also, look up pictures of rabbits you really like / what you want your rabbits to look like. Print those and have that close to your rabbits. Super handy!

Ramjet":fhfqbp4l said:
I like that first one .... not that I know what I'm looking at.

I've been re-evaluating some of those I kept recently .... and questioning the decision on a couple of them.

I re-evaluated all my stock, and a couple does that I thought I would sell, I'm going to keep. And several I though I would keep, I'm going to sell :)

Back