woodys wabbit cages vs klubertanz cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hutch81

Reaction score
whats is a better cage,they both have 14g bottoms and woodys wabbits cages come with a floor supports
i wanna get 3 30x36x18 and 1 30x30x18
woodys 143.80
klubertanz 172.60

I have ordered from Woody's Wabbits, but not their cages. They are supposed to be good quality, though. Klubertanz wire I have handled, and it is WOW amazing. :)

Miss M":13d0ndt6 said:
I have ordered from Woody's Wabbits, but not their cages. They are supposed to be good quality, though. Klubertanz wire I have handled, and it is WOW amazing. :)

How does the shipping work? I'm looking at getting some cages, but I really hate to go through all that effort of preparing an order (I'm lazy, what can I say?) if the shipping isn't reasonable.

I can only speak for travel cages. I drove to Klubertanz and purchased cages while in the US. I got their large size 3 hole cages with solid partitions and plastic coated wire.

Pros- the rabbits can't chew the plastic off the wire and the plastic coating is nicer to the touch in the icy winter.

They are light in weight but not in quality.

Cons- the tray beneath is too shallow.

The tops open to the side and that is not my personal preference.

My other travel cages are larger, heavier, more awkward, deeper tray, Canadian made.

Schipperkesue":18jgtkue said:
I can only speak for travel cages. I drove to Klubertanz and purchased cages while in the US. I got their large size 3 hole cages with solid partitions and plastic coated wire.

Pros- the rabbits can't chew the plastic off the wire and the plastic coating is nicer to the touch in the icy winter.

My other travel cages are larger, heavier, more awkward, deeper tray, Canadian made.

Did you ask them for deeper drip pans/trays while you were there? They do make them. In fact, I bought two of their carriers at Wichita last year with deeper than normal trays. Also, they will make carriers with individual lids which open in any direction you want.

As you have probably gathered, I have done a lot of business with Klubertanz. In fact, I have a custom order job in work with them right now.

Kitty102":sxnhlk7b said:
Miss M":sxnhlk7b said:

How does the shipping work? I'm looking at getting some cages, but I really hate to go through all that effort of preparing an order (I'm lazy, what can I say?) if the shipping isn't reasonable.
I completely understand! I was not comfortable with their "place your order, and then we'll contact you with a shipping quote" way of handling things, until another member on here assured me that their shipping prices were fine. So I went ahead and placed the order, and received an email (next day, maybe?) saying how much shipping would be, and did I want to continue with the order or cancel?

I was pleased with the shipping cost, and went through with the order. :)

Woody is my 'local' cage guy, so I am biased as I go to his place frequently to buy cages. He is FAST, quality is great, and he's easy to work with. He will try to get you the lowest rate possible for shipping.

I have heard iffy things about Klubertanz lately with the speed of shipping.

Oceanrose":l4itxexd said:
Woody is my 'local' cage guy, so I am biased as I go to his place frequently to buy cages. He is FAST, quality is great, and he's easy to work with. He will try to get you the lowest rate possible for shipping.

Rose, those "iffy" things pretty much center around having to switch fabricators for some of their parts. For example, if you buy stackers from them, the legs and tray slides are manufactured by a metals tech, then sold to K-tanz. They've been slower to get the parts to K-tanz than the previous supplier, who retired. Getting those supporting parts has, at times, been a real hassle, and has resulted in longer waits for shipment.

It would be like a car manufacturer not being able to get batteries or tires. The end result is that the delivery times on units would be later than they normally would be.

SatinsRule":8zcxef3e said:
Schipperkesue":8zcxef3e said:

Did you ask them for deeper drip pans/trays while you were there? They do make them. In fact, I bought two of their carriers at Wichita last year with deeper than normal trays. Also, they will make carriers with individual lids which open in any direction you want.

As you have probably gathered, I have done a lot of business with Klubertanz. In fact, I have a custom order job in work with them right now.

I didn't realize how shallow they were until I was in Montana! Too late to change them out!

Oceanrose":1sd1sb4o said:
Yes, my order from Klubertanz was very slow... over 3 weeks, I believe. All it was was wire floor panels, J-clips, and floor spreaders.

The time was a bit annoying, and I started wondering if my shipment was lost. The quality of the wire pretty much made my annoyance go away, though.

With the number of orders they process at any given time, a 2 week turn time is not at all unusual. If they were waiting on pieces/parts for your cages, it simply means they ran out of them and are awaiting resupply. They fill a very large number of orders for customers across the country, and it is not at all surprising that they would run out of stuff from time to time.

The thing I always tell anyone wanting to purchase cages from K-tanz is to order them about a month or so ahead of when you think you will need them. At any rate, they are well worth the wait.

Miss M":1gy005xb said:
Oceanrose":1gy005xb said:
Yes, my order from Klubertanz was very slow... over 3 weeks, I believe. All it was was wire floor panels, J-clips, and floor spreaders.

The time was a bit annoying, and I started wondering if my shipment was lost. The quality of the wire pretty much made my annoyance go away, though.

I ordered a couple cages from Woody's a couple months ago and got them on the 4th day after placing the order.

Back