Kits all have blood pooling in their nails but are alive? Many have died after I warm them up.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justy0

Reaction score
Hello. I posted earlier today but I now have more details and wanted to put this in a more specific section. I have 2 different kindlngs from different mamas on my homestead at the moment. All previous kits have been raised successfully and I have changed nothing. No feed change, no bedding, no new animals of any kind. Suddenly both my 11 day old and my 2 week old kits are dying. First they become very stiff and still move around but they act like they are dead when not moving. Then their is blood pooling in their nails but they are still moving around and opening and closing their eyes. Then if I bring them in and try to warm them up they seem to die faster. Is there a any contagious circulatory diseases anyone has experience with or heard about? I have already had to bury 3 today and 3 more appear dead but I am worried they could still be alive since the alive ones also have the blood in their nails.

hop back over to the other post. I am going to merge these if I can figure out how. I think if they are not moving and warmed up, and you cannot feel a heart beat or breathing then it is safe to assume they are dead.

Edit: I can't figure out how to combine threads at the moment. it's fine, the title may hook someone in who has more experience. you never know!

Latest posts

Back