Wierd coincidences

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preitler

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I have my growouts on Willhaben.at (our Craiglist), yesterday morning someone called for a brown checkered buck, would come at 10am. At 12 I called back if there is any point in waiting for him or if plans changed :? .
Answer:
"What are you talking about, we were there, and bought your rabbit!" :slap:

They went to my street, to the house with the number 8 (that's my number), said to the lady who came out "Hi, we are here for the rabbit", she went "okay, follow me.."
They bought a buck, wich was somewhat darker than the one I advertised, but you know, photos on the internet..
Didn't flinch at the 20€ for the buck (I advertised 15) and left.

Sooo: This is an old part of the village, and houses were numbered by the date they were built (mine is well over 100 years old, bought it last year). But instead of street names some were named after that part of the village, others after the village itself. I didn't know there were two houses with the number 8 in my street.
They went to the wrong one. That of Zuzana, the other breeder here (who helped me a lot with my christmas problems). Right now she had some rabbits for sale too , and had 3 appointments to show up that day (I didn't know any of that), so she didn't wonder about people saying "We're here for the rabbit"
Nobody suspected anything was amiss.

I'm happy for her, after years of pet rabbit breeding this are her first meat rabbits, and she got somewhat attached to that buck. And the buyers wanted a second buck anyway, so they came back and also bought one of mine :)

Doesn't top the most wierd thing I witnessed, but is in the top 10. :lol:

What a thing to have happen! :lol: I guess you need to give a description of your house from now on!

Glad that you and Zuzana both got sales out of the deal, though. :p

EnglishSpot":3om1cyia said:
"You want the #8 house with the windmill in the front yard."

Doesn't everyone in Austria have windmills in the front yard? No, wait that's Denmark and Holland, right? ;)

No windmills here, and no kangaroos either :D

I could put out a Mozart statue or yodeling lawn gnomes for overseas customers, but that doesn't seem worth the effort :D
There was something else Austria seems to be famous for, wait, some singing family, Trapp, right? Actually nobody over here knows anything about that :lol:

And, of course, there's Red Bull and Glock.

That mistake wont happen again, my house is easy to find if you're not just looking at numbers.

Google maps. New pictures from last summer, the rabbitry is under the white plastic sheets
47°16'28.9"N 15°20'48.3"E

Preitler":3i5o2kq1 said:
No windmills here, and no kangaroos either :D

Please tell me that people don't mistake Austria for Australia? :shock: Geography is not my strong suit, but surely people are not that clueless?!?

Preitler":3i5o2kq1 said:
And, of course, there's Red Bull and Glock.

I've never had a Red Bull, but we have over a 6 pack of Glocks. :twisted:

MamaSheepdog":13q9j54a said:
Please tell me that people don't mistake Austria for Australia? :shock: Geography is not my strong suit, but surely people are not that clueless?!?

Happens all the time. A few weeks ago some people got kidnapped in Africa, our government for days frantically tried to find out who it is because they were supposed to be austrian - but were not.

I've never had a Red Bull, but we have over a 6 pack of Glocks. :twisted:

I use my good old CZ75 most times at the range, still shoots better than me after 20 years, but thinking about replacing the Walther PP with a Glock19...

Preitler":392uk6w5 said:
thinking about replacing the Walther PP with a Glock19...

Go for it!!! You can't beat the quality. My G23 has over 30,000 rounds through it, and has never had a broken part.

My youngest kids shoot 19s, but Firstpup, Hubs and I all shoot 23s. However, we are hoping to get G22s soon since they have a longer barrel, and thus a better "sight picture" which increases accuracy.

40 caliber has much better stopping power than 9mm, and there is no doubt that 45 is the most effective handgun ammunition... but with the amount of training we do, there is no way we could afford the expense of that caliber ammunition.

We would actually have the two youngest train with G23s if it were not for the cost- when we take our classes we go through at least 300 rounds every Sunday, with classes lasting 12 weeks- so it is pretty costly even with reloading our own. Fun though! :p

Knacker":9slw3ifz said:
I love my CZ75, but I shoot more accurately with my friends Glock (not sure what model it is).

That is typical when shooting an unfamiliar firearm. It isn't that it is a better gun for you, but that your subconscious is not programmed to expect when it will "go bang", so you don't flinch when the gun fires.

To overcome that with your own handgun, you should do lots of dry practice work. You will notice initially that when you pull the trigger the barrel of your gun will move slightly because of your preprogrammed subconscious flinch reaction. *You should never dry fire a rimfire weapon- it will damage the hammer.*

MamaSheepdog":2lvd9xwe said:
Knacker":2lvd9xwe said:
I love my CZ75, but I shoot more accurately with my friends Glock (not sure what model it is).

That is typical when shooting an unfamiliar firearm. It isn't that it is a better gun for you, but that your subconscious is not programmed to expect when it will "go bang", so you don't flinch when the gun fires.

To overcome that with your own handgun, you should do lots of dry practice work. You will notice initially that when you pull the trigger the barrel of your gun will move slightly because of your preprogrammed subconscious flinch reaction. *You should never dry fire a rimfire weapon- it will damage the hammer.*

Maybe you are right, but my hunting rifles don't even cause me to flinch; and you know how much bigger a "kick" they throw. I always thought it maybe had to do with ergonomics or something, yet my CZ feels so perfect in my hands and it's weight (much more) keeps it more steady.

Competitive archery (3D) has really helped me over the years reduce that flinch/hesitation problem. Bows have the ability to really exaggerate a flinch. Now more than ever since technology has increased speeds, reduced limb lengths and brace height. I don't think a lot of bow hunters understand that a fast bow isn't always your best friend when sitting in a tree stand cold and shivering.

Back