Wide-band Chinchilla

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes thank you for the pictures! I have a few off colored chinchilla kits now and then and I always wondered if it were wideband...now I wonder if it is dilute instead...as kits they look better with no smutty orange flanks, as teens/adults they look just slightly lighter but the ring structure is still apparent and reasonable, not like these pics. It is subtle and hard to photograph, I put pics on here somewhere but it is more obvious in person. Honestly it just looks like less black ticking? silvering could also be a possibility I suppose? :unsure:

This is fabulous, thank you! Could I ask the source of the diagrams of banding? It looks like a good resource. You mentioned steel, how does steel affect the bands?

I've never noticed the extra wide eye bands, is this common on widebands in general, or just on wideband chins? It's a fascinating clue.
Wideband will hide on self coats, but express on rabbits with agouti and tan markings.

I got the screen shot from a youtube video on a channel called The Rabbit Show. It is a video about American Chinchillas and agouti patterns. It is how I finally figured out why my AmChin mutt is so much whiter than my purebred AmChins.

Latest posts

Back