Why does she scream?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bambi

Reaction score
So I've grown up around rabbits and I've never heard a domestic rabbit scream. Bambi screams for no apparent reason. She will be hopping around the living room, sniff something and scream. Today she jumped in her litter box and screamed, which worried me because I thought maybe she has a bladder issue, but she stopped and just jumped away like nothing ever happened. Shes just over a year now and I've heard her scream at least 6 times. Each time there doesn't seem to be anything major going on around her and then she just goes on her merry way after scaring the heck out of us. Has anyone else experienced this before? I thought it was their way to show extreme fear or pain but she doesn't seem stressed.

That's really odd, I have never had a rabbit scream for no reason, rarely have heard them scream, but we had a rabbit that was mentally... off? She ate the wall paint and went out of her way to eat meat she found on the ground as well as humping inanimate objects lol, it could just be a quirky thing she does, if she seems to be happy and healthy the decision to take her to a vet is up to you! I hope everything works out and I'll try to ask a breeder I know

Lol I’ve heard mine scream before. I used to think there were rats fighting somewhere but they were my bunnies. As to Bambi screaming I don’t know why. Maybe you has a needle or thorn or something in her paw.

There are kits sometimes that scream easily, maybe it's a quirk that stayed from young age. Wiered indeed, but I wouldn't know what to do about it if there is no obvious reason.
in my experience rabbits don't screamout of pain, but out of fear or panic, like when attacked or when taking a kit out of the nestbox, but those circumstances are clearly recognizeable.

In my experience rabbits tend to scream when something scares them but grind teeth or sit still when in pain. Some rabbits are simply screamers but thankfully they are rare.

She's been to the vet and was spayed back in May. They were very impressed with her health and there were no complications with the spay. She has screamed both before that and since but not anytime during her recovery. I must just be lucky enough to have gotten a screwball that enjoys scaring us all to death.

Back