WHOOOOHOOOO!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beach Bunny

Reaction score
:p Well i never thought i would be this excited to find a weed in the yard.I was outside on the phone and happened to look down when what did my eyes focus on....a small patch of purslane :bunnyhop: now i just need to transfer it to a pot so it doesn't get mowed!!

Yippeeeee! Another rabbit person learns the joys of finding WEEDS!

Might be easier just to put a few of those dollar store push-in plastic edgings around it until after the mowing is done.

Fun, isn't it? LOL I swear I have become the Weed Expert, at least that is what my hubby calls me...! Everywhere I go, I see "Rabbit Food"....

oh that makes me laugh...

it's becoming a joke in our household. I drive past a nice field, a good weeping willow, a road with tons of tall grass and hubby looks at me laughs and says...You're thinking "bunny food" aren't you? I just grin and say YUP! :)

Sorry to jump in and edit your post, but the sidebar on the homepage was getting stretched pretty severely. It's not so much the title length, as the lack of any spaces in it that caused it.

I'm why we can't have nice things haha!

It's so funny now that i know it's in the area after dinner i took my daughter out with a zip lock back and we were combing the grass by the pond and the sidewalks looking for it !

Beach Bunny":1mkm54gc said:
I'm why we can't have nice things haha!

Ha! Classic. :lol:

Glad to hear you're having fun with the wild bunny foods. Ours really enjoy them.

I had the hardest time getting my rabbits to acept purslane but they're finally eating it. Guess I spoiled them with all that red clover.

My kids pick dandelions for the bunnies, they LOVE getting Bunny Flowers, and feeding them tot he bunnies, it's pretty bad when a 3 YO gets mad at the neighbors for mowing.

I have some potted purslane as well. It grows well here but my yard is too "green" for it and the dogs trample it. Good luck with yours. It's a people food too.

Grass...why promote the growth of something you are going to cut down...makes no sense to me...let the wind things grow...

I actually encourage plants like dandelion and the many related plants that grow wild in San Diego to grow among my vegetables. Instead of pulling them I cut them off at the ground so the roots stay intact and will grow a new top for later harvest. Some good plants like purslane and knotweed I have to pull by the roots or they will form such a mat they will crowd out the veggies. No problem though; both grow in such abundance around here I'm in no danger of runing out.

They are my parents...lucky and unlucky for me i still live at home with my daughter.We live in a nice developement so "weeds" are the enemy here LOL.

Latest posts

Back