What's in your nestbox?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysthelimit

Reaction score
Nytra brought up the Gallery section for nestboxes, which I had never seen.

Which brings me to this...

I need a little pick me up, who doesn't. So, what's in your nestbox? Believe it or not, I have two litters in the box, and here's Mola's.

Attachments

• Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 266
Haha! So cute!

Right now I have 4 Netherlands (a smoke pearl and 3 Si sables) and a foster black tort Holland in my nestbox. My VM ND doe only had one stillborn peanut yesterday. So sad. I was hoping for some BEWs! My chocolate chestnut ND is ready to deliver any minute but still hasn't pulled any fur! Hurry up and have them already! LOL

Nyctra":2ogyqtef said:
One of those looks suspicious... :ninja:

sad part, there used to be three like that, but it's the stacker that I still haven't put babysaver wire in, and now only 1. Is it bad to say I was tired of black otters?

Here are my little wigglers, they are 1 week old.

99lwch.jpg

This is just mean and cruel to those of us with our breeding on hold. Can't wait to have babies again.

coffeenutdesigns":28oul39i said:
This is just mean and cruel to those of us with our breeding on hold. Can't wait to have babies again.
I'm not sure if I should giggle right now (inappropriate laughter smiley).
The weather here has been perfect, and I have been breeding all summer long. recovering the losses. I don't know what I would do if I had to pause, how would I get my bunny fix?

I like my nice cool shady forest. mwahaha! ;D

Attachments

• DSCF1628.jpg
    DSCF1628.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 219
Okay, that's it. Tomorrow morning I am taking a roasting pan and a wooden spoon down to the rabbitry. I shall read the riot act and pound on the roasting pan to tell my layabout rabbits what will happen if they don't start makin' babies!

(Actually, the rabbits very sensibly take vacation in June and July. I'm not really concerned unless I still see no kits by the end of August.)

I have a litter of little harlequins and a litter of harlequin x chinchilla crosses (a few chestnuts and a few chins - their jap mother was a magpie (chin) carrier :D ) ...

and a broken camera!!

There's a litter of netherlands I haven't dug out and counted. Then I have 2 litters of american sables in the colony. An even mix of sable, seal, and pointed white.

Ooooh la la. I'm drooling at the thought of harlies, cute little Nethies ans Am Sables.

MaggieJ, I'll hit you up for some picts later.

What's in my nest box?

Dust.

It's too hot to be makin' babies hereabouts. If my bucks aren't all sterile, I plan on starting to breed the end of August. I expect it will be the end of October tho, before I see any bunnies filling nest boxes here.

We're very fortunate, the summer weather here is rarely too hot for rabbits to breed so I usually have litters every two weeks. Here are pictures of 3 of the litters born about 7/23.
Hip Hip Hooray, a broken amber doe was bred back to her chocolate sire and gave a litter of Amber, Lynx, and Lilac, and brokens of those colors. Finally I'm getting my brown gene colors :p
2013-07-22 HipHipHorray x JasperA.JPG
Raw Silk, red doe, bred to Habanero, red buck, gave us a litter of 12 red kits.
2013-7-23 Raw Silk x HaneroA.JPG
Yerba Buena, broken red doe, bred to Wizard's Silk, castor buck, gave a litter of castor, black, red and brokens
2013-7-22 Yerba Buena x Wizard's SilkA.JPG

I have three does, of the 5 bred for next week, who have already started building their nest so we should have some chinchilla, lynx and lilac kits. The cream doe that gave use the "every agouti color" litter of 10 a couple of months ago bred to a chocolate buck, is rebred to the same buck and carrying straw :) And so is her lynx daughter,bred to a lilac buck, from the breeding before that so I'm really hoping for lots more brown based kits.

Latest posts

Back