What are you planting in your garden?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaggieJ":19z6g7n7 said:
Interesting idea, Random Rabbit! Do you have to mulch them to keep them from freezing?

DH put a thick layer of leaves on the veggies that we left in the garden. That plus the deep sn*w has kept the ground from freezing into a brick, even with our sub zero temps. I really was surprised by that. ( just wonder if now that we blew paths and removed some mulch if it Will freeze solid .)

Supposedly these root crops can take being frozen in the ground. In fact parsnips need to be frozen to be really good. The freezing drives the sugars into the root. ... Those i just cooked up....Yum !!

I've just decided that a LARGE part of the rabbit garden will be parsley. I took some into the group, and you'd thought I was waving leaves of marijuana under the noses of addicts! Just the smell was enough for Sam to do his spin&dance thing. The new French angora doe almost attacked the cage..she was climbing the wire to get to the roof (where I had put the tray with the romaine and parsley).

Even Aztec, who has never EVER taken anything from my hand, took parsley. Grabbed it, actually. Then poked around looking for more! (which, being a softy, I gave her)

Back