WARNING! May Incite Puppyosis Lustosis!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skysthelimit":n22xwy8b said:
Love that pup. I had already gave away the sable girl, so I kept the sable boy. I now have three males and one female. Three intact males...

Thanks! She is the prettiest one yet, I think. My friends have a gorgeous red tri with solid blue eyes, and tons of chrome, so I hope to get some really outstanding pupples out of her. :D

Three intact males... :shock: Hopefully you can stud them out!

Random Rabbit":n22xwy8b said:
MSD... Keeper is so precious looking.

She does look like a little angel, doesn't she? She has tons of personality- Queenpup says she is "spicy"!

I just saw a dog named Pika, which I never heard of. Your daughter is right, she is Spicy looking, but not sure what name would fit. A lot of color, so maybe a kind of flower, but royal looking, but not a Dutchess or Queen type name. Something mythical or heavenly using Light, Star, Fire, Comet, Flashing? :thinking: I have 5 rabbits that still do not have a name and the best I might have come up with is Twinkie and Pickles for a couple of them, poor things. :lol:

Her mom is named Basil, and I am considering Sage. It is a greyish herb, and sage also means wise...

OneAcreFarm":1kyx56wy said:
Frontier Airlines is $175...we *could* have her put TWO pupples in the carrier... :whistle: ...just sayin'.... :twisted:
*gasp* :eek: You're a pupple enabler, too??? I had no idea!!! :rotfl:

MamaSheepdog":1kyx56wy said:
It is about 4 1/2 hours from 29 Palms to here.
For some reason, I thought he was closer than that. Stuff always looks closer on a map... :roll: I really would not want to ask him to go that far out of his way... it would add a full day to his trip. Other reasons, too. :?

MamaSheepdog":1kyx56wy said:
It would be nice for the kids to meet the litter and choose a puppy that appeals to them.

Fur acts as an insulator against heat and cold. Maybe one of the short haired pups would be better. You do want to avoid the Brachycephalic breeds (pugs, bulldogs, etc.) because they are very intolerant of heat.
That is true... they would enjoy meeting the litter themselves... I hope we can find good dogs around here. Good breeders. We wouldn't be interested in the pugs, bulldogs, and such. More like your dogs. Good family and livestock dogs.

I did not know that fur insulated against heat. I guess I think of it as wearing a coat in summer. It doesn't keep me from getting too hot; it helps me get too hot. But somehow, fur is different, I take it?

Hi I'm Honorine and I'm a Merle-A-Holic,,, Me Likkeee!!! She's a beaut!

Honorine":vqqx1b0d said:
Hi I'm Honorine and I'm a Merle-A-Holic

Me too. :oops:

Beauty and brains... 8 weeks old today, and she has a solid "sit"! :p

We are working on "down" now, as well as "sit-up". She has excellent balance. :)<br /><br />__________ Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:20 pm __________<br /><br />Whoo-hoo!

Sit, down, and sit up! :p

You should see her slam her little bottom into a sit! She drops like a champ into the down from a sit, too!

My very first dog was an American Eskimo, and I started training her at eight weeks. I believe that by doing so, you actually teach them how to learn.

Frosty (AKA "The Wonder Dog") knew well over one hundred commands- many of which had both a verbal command and a hand signal. She got so fast that she learned most things in just a couple of moments. :D

I think that with clicker training it will be possible to train even faster, since it is such a distinctive marker.

I am really looking forward to working with this pupple- I think I may have another "Wonder Dog" in the making! :p

I hope y'all wont get bored as I post about the new tricks she learns. :)

I taught my middle girl, Bella, how to bow with a clicker in about 15 minutes and it stuck for the rest of her life. It was her go to trick :)

I taught my JRT to wave using shaping, and it took about 15 minutes. That was my first try at "shaping a behavior" and I was amazed that he went from barely shifting the weight from his paw to a vigorous wave and I never even touched him. :D

A favourite game of a trainer friend of mine is What can you do next? It gets dogs offering behaviors and you can get some amazing tricks out of it.

It sounds like someone else has read Karen Pryor's books! Lol!

I have one of her books on clicker training horses too. :)

I think this is the perfect time for me to have a pup- it's not much fun being outside (even though it isn't sub-zero like where you are)- so I can teach her all kinds of behaviors. I've always wanted to teach a dog to yawn and sneeze. Maybe I'll make those a goal. :)

Miss M,
I'm on the MS coast and we have Australian Shepherds. Huge coats, big manes, etc... The heat/humidity is not an issue for them. They shed more when it gets hot but provided with good shade and lots of water they do really well. MSD's pup seems to have the same type of fur. I think you should do it!

I am in complete awe of Karen Pryor, I've read her books over and over. I am not a clicker trainer, I train with a clicker but I'm not patient enough to have everything that clear in my head. I use a clicker to mark but shaping is beyond me as a way of life so to speak, I'm just not that bright :)

Back