VM Nethie - the right type/shape

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidpop

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry this isn't a very good photo and its a very young rabbit but I thought there might be some experienced breeders on this site who might be able to look at the head shape and tell if this kit could grow up into a nice type Netherland Dwarf? Or does it look cross bred to a lop? I've been looking high and low for a VM marked Netherland Dwarf and this little guy is for sale. I'm in New Zealand and VM markings are rare, breeders have told me that most VM nethies are created by people trying to get a BEW nethie by outcrossing to BEW mini-lops— so they are 10 generations away from being a perfect show quality ND. So does this guy look 10 generations from being a nice type VM Nethie?

Attachments

• vm chestnut.jpeg
    vm chestnut.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 334
Actually maybe only 4 or 5 generations away.. :) He doesn't look chestnut on my monitor though.. more like a shaded martin of some kind, but that could just be the colour on my screen lol. He seems to have a nice head for a very young rabbit and his ears are not that bad. What I can't tell is if he will remain correct weight/size. If you want BEW Nethies and they are hard to find, then I would get him as long as he is not too pricey!

He's not pricey at all, he's $25. I don't think the person breeding him is trying to get vms, she sells mostly brokens and charlies so he is probably a mismark to her. I think I have to get him now because since I have looked at his picture so long I'm attached picture I've become attached. I'm glad you said sable marten because I love sable martens.

Latest posts

Back