Struggling With Heavy Losses

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to ask about feeding kits in case mama doesn't this time. Sounds like it doesn't work.
I just found this formula online from a successful rescue friend. It's called Wombaroo, and it is especially formulated for rabbits, which is hard to do with current formulas, goats milk and such. I havent gotten to try it yet because it came in the mail too late after I lost my last one. I had been hand feeding 2 litters from someone who brought them to me after finding their butchered does were actually pregnant and due to deliver in the next day or 2. I was surprised that they lasted a whole week on what I was giving, but in the end, it just wasn't working and they all either died of starvation cause they wouldn't take the formula, or bloat. I havent decided if I'm up for trying again or not. It was exhausting and heartbreaking in the end.

I just found this formula online from a successful rescue friend. It's called Wombaroo, and it is especially formulated for rabbits, which is hard to do with current formulas, goats milk and such. I havent gotten to try it yet because it came in the mail too late after I lost my last one. I had been hand feeding 2 litters from someone who brought them to me after finding their butchered does were actually pregnant and due to deliver in the next day or 2. I was surprised that they lasted a whole week on what I was giving, but in the end, it just wasn't working and they all either died of starvation cause they wouldn't take the formula, or bloat. I havent decided if I'm up for trying again or not. It was exhausting and heartbreaking in the end.
Did you give them colostrum as well as formula? If not, that might have factored into their inability to thrive.

What a bummer, butchering pregnant does. It happened here...once, but that was one too many! 😞

I haven't used this but if I need to I am trying this:
1/2 cup evaporated goat's milk (undiluted)
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon corn syrup
1 teaspoon powered colostrum supplement for newborn animals
1/8 teaspoon Bene Bac probiotic powder (my addition to get their guts working better)

**DO NOT microwave to heat or you will kill the colostrum**
Heat in warm water so they can digest the formula and watch them grow!

Latest posts

Back