Update Pics on Rabbit Shed - gutters installed

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JT_Hunter":2wsabkko said:
Fabulous job Shannon...what did you use to cut the plastic slant boards...I shall have to steal your idea and use it in my place...
Also, somoene mentioned using PVC pipe...how was that cut...every way I can think of seems dangerous..

We used a table saw to cut the slant boards because I bought fiberglass instead of plastic, it was cheaper. I looked at PVC but the plastic gutters were WAY cheaper. Only $8 for a 10 foot length of plastic gutter and you don't have to cut it. That PVC gets really expensive at the larger diameters.

OneAcreFarm":2wv8c730 said:
JT_Hunter":2wv8c730 said:
Fabulous job Shannon...what did you use to cut the plastic slant boards...I shall have to steal your idea and use it in my place...
Also, somoene mentioned using PVC pipe...how was that cut...every way I can think of seems dangerous..

We used a table saw to cut the slant boards because I bought fiberglass instead of plastic, it was cheaper. I looked at PVC but the plastic gutters were WAY cheaper. Only $8 for a 10 foot length of plastic gutter and you don't have to cut it. That PVC gets really expensive at the larger diameters.

How many inches/cm higher is the back support than the front for your slant boards? Mine don't seem to be on enough of a slant for the poop to roll off. Also the hay just sits there and doesn't fall down. My boards are slanted to the back and are made from tin roofing. Will rust, I know, but it's just temporary :)

Jessykah":21y77q01 said:
How many inches/cm higher is the back support than the front for your slant boards? Mine don't seem to be on enough of a slant for the poop to roll off. Also the hay just sits there and doesn't fall down. My boards are slanted to the back and are made from tin roofing. Will rust, I know, but it's just temporary :)

I have this issue with the left side...I need to raise it up some. I just sweep it all in to the gutter with a broom then scrape the gutter contents into a bucket for now. With the right side, the top sits at 22" and the bottom sits at 18" and that is quite a steep slant...seems to work better.

OneAcreFarm":ocn7odip said:
Actually, it IS pretty easy, once you get it built. It only takes a couple of minutes to sweep the boards, empty the gutter and rinse it all. Once it is done draining, I take the whole bucket and dump it on the compost pile.

yes i love your cages as well if you wouldnt mind could you send me the spec?

Latest posts

Back