Uh ohhhhh...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billylilwigeon

Reaction score
Remember Lita? The typy red with good color that I just bought a little over a week ago?

Tonight, I pulled Lita out of the cage to work on posing. On my way over to the rug, I noticed a couple of somethin/somethins hanging down out of the private area.

That's right. Lita is a Sid. Not a doe, but a BUCK!!!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :oops:

No, they all have their own cages, but I can laugh knowing that two rather schooled breeders got schooled on this one. A few days ago, those testicles hadn't dropped yet and I still thought I had 2 does. Now I'll have to locate a couple more does to start my breeding program with (and hopefully get their sexes right next time around!!).

So Billy,
you are saying she came along with an extra tool box! :roll:
I hope that's a good thing. A very good typed Buck
may be better than you thought. :up:
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

LOL It happens to the best of us xD

I would double check to make sure he doesn't have a split Penis which is the main reason people mistake bucks for does.

DevonW":2bp8l504 said:
LOL It happens to the best of us xD

I would double check to make sure he doesn't have a split Penis which is the main reason people mistake bucks for does.

No, it's not split. It's a straight up dooba. :lol:<br /><br />__________ Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:07 am __________<br /><br />
HendricksHearth":2bp8l504 said:
LOL, sorry to hear that! At least you won't be short on nice bucks! :)

Lauren

That's exactly what the guy I bought them from told me this morning when I called him, and just like I told him, I'm not the least bit upset about the ordeal. I'm proud of this rabbit either way, as he has excellent type and color.

What it basically means is that when I get some breeder does in the spring, I'll have two very nice, typy bucks to work with.

Since the buck is half your breeding program it is better if the best rabbit you have for breeding is the buck. He can mate with multiple does at the same time and you'll get multiple litters from your best rabbit. If the best you have is a doe then you can only have 1 litter at a time from your best rabbit.

arachyd":83jui5qu said:
Since the buck is half your breeding program it is better if the best rabbit you have for breeding is the buck. He can mate with multiple does at the same time and you'll get multiple litters from your best rabbit. If the best you have is a doe then you can only have 1 litter at a time from your best rabbit.

Very good point. ;)

Back