Thought I'd share some restaurant updates if that's ok?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!! I lOVE it....Coming from a family were my mom and dad own a deli/restaurant They do BK,lunch...they close at 3....I worked there ril I graduated college..and now I do their books....A mostly cash business is great...Make sure you save all the daily reciepts lol!!! I LOVVVVVEEEEEEE how it looks....beautiful!!!

That's neat that your family is in the restaurant biz, Flemishstar......you know what we go through most days then. :lol:

MSD, Our customers love the way we do things here too, alot of times they say we have such a friendly atmosphere it's just like home to them. It's a great feeling to know that.

The guys in the pics are actually the guys we bought the place from. :mrgreen:

I know all too well...and I hate when people think we got it made in the shade...they have no idea about overhead..insurace..vendors..inspections ugh

After looking at that beautiful burger and fries. What is the high temperature up there? I am burning up down here and I think it is time for a road trip. ;) I think I need to stay up there a week and try all of your specials.

WOW!!!!! The upgrades to the place make it look AMAZING!!! I love the way it looks, you can almost feel the atmosphere of the place right through the photos. Man I wanna eat there someday!!!

Flemishstar":39b6918p said:
I know all too well...and I hate when people think we got it made in the shade...they have no idea about overhead..insurace..vendors..inspections ugh

Boy do you have that right!! The fuel (LP) and electric, not to mention the state tax at the end of every month on the sales for the month, is enough to kill any business. Seems like every time I turn around, someone else wants a piece of the pie. I've often wondered why anyone would want to go into business like this? The paperwork alone is a full time job! :shock:

__________ Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:10 pm __________

Beekeeper10":39b6918p said:
After looking at that beautiful burger and fries. What is the high temperature up there? I am burning up down here and I think it is time for a road trip. ;) I think I need to stay up there a week and try all of your specials.

Some days it's mid 70's, today it's 77, Tues supposed to be 82, but our nights are in the 50's and 60's. Tonight it's supposed to get down to the 40's. It hasn't really been to humid either. Not bad. Let me know if you come to visit, I'll get you directions! :)<br /><br />__________ Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:11 pm __________<br /><br />
Kyle@theHeathertoft":39b6918p said:
WOW!!!!! The upgrades to the place make it look AMAZING!!! I love the way it looks, you can almost feel the atmosphere of the place right through the photos. Man I wanna eat there someday!!!

Thanks Kyle! :D Come on over, we'd love to have you! Tonight it's Prime Rib! :lol:

The change looks great and the theme of the menu and your restaurant in total sounds inviting. That burger on top of fry mountain looks soooo good.... I wan't to summit it! :dinner:

JDWest":2z88a1uh said:
The change looks great and the theme of the menu and your restaurant in total sounds inviting. That burger on top of fry mountain looks soooo good.... I wan't to summit it! :dinner:

LOL! :lol: That's funny! I haven't tried it yet, but I hear it's a great combo with the brat patty, and beef patty! Not to mention the bacon.....I mean, bacon makes everything better, right! :lol:<br /><br />__________ Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:55 am __________<br /><br />
Miss M":2z88a1uh said:
fuzzy9":2z88a1uh said:
The guys in the pics are actually the guys we bought the place from. :mrgreen:
That's hilarious... looks like they're your biggest fans! :lol:

They had originally sold it to someone else, but they had put a 90 day contingency in the contract, and at day 89 those people closed the doors, and just left. Took what they owned, and walked. So they were a little nervous until they got to know us, and see the direction we were taking the place. It's not a job for everyone, so the last owners were probably just in over their heads they thought. We have a good relationship with these guys though, and they still visit us to eat when they are in town. When they had it, they ran it more like a bar, and that is not what this small town wanted! :)

Wow... I'm so glad it looks to be working out much better for y'all! :D That's just great that you have the community behind you, too... and even the former owners. How long have y'all been open now?

Thanks Miss M! Just since November 9th, 2012. Still a new business, going through our first year. Getting there!! :)

Back