The new RABBIT PRODUCERS ASSOCIATION

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ Rabbits

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let everyone know about the fairly new RABBIT PRODUCERS ASSOCIATION that has been created for rabbit producers and all aspects of production (from feed to fur). It's an association that will be bringing all aspects and organizations of rabbit production together in a joined effort to overcome rabbit production obstacles, work on health solutions, lobby congress for better regulations, perform studies and projects, unite and network between feed producers, processors, etc. It's going to be an important tool for rabbit producers both large and small. Your support is appreciated

For the next couple of days, annual memberships are being waived (through the end of February).
100% of membership funds (after this month) will be applied to lobbying, studies, projects, etc.

Link: http://rabbitproducersassociation.com/

Just thought I'd share the info...

PRMA is back and renaming itself and reorganizing. They have 2 facebook groups.

This organization is different than the PRMA in that is spans a larger field. Therefore there would be no conflicts.

The Rabbit Producers Association would encompass:
- Small and Medium Rabbit Producers
- Commercial Rabbit Producers
- Tanneries
- Gardeners (Utilizing Manure)
- Meat Processing Plants
- Research Facilities for All Aspects of Rabbits (Utilizing Humane Rabbit Research)
- Educational Programs
- Feed Manufacturers
- Rabbit Raising Component Suppliers
- Any Other Rabbit Production Outlets

It would be involved in research and studies in health and overcoming ailments/diseases in rabbits, optimal production, etc.
There will also be projects in providing outlets for 3rd world countries to obtain knowledge, training and reasonable accommodations to obtain rabbit producing options for them to provide food for their citizens.
There are projects working on producing clean energy out of rabbit (and other) fecal waste.
Lobbying government for lenient and more defined allowances in rabbit production, processing facilities, etc.
Positive marketing projects to educate certain markets about benefits of rabbit production.

The PRMA's new discussed structure does not plan on getting into most of these areas and therefore would have a completely different focus. There is enough need for both organizations to benefit all producers.

Where do I send the app and can I skip the payment section? It gives very little info for such a big group.

You can fax in the application to the fax on the application (480) 907-1877 or scan and email it to the email on the form.

You can leave the payment section blank, as it is not relevant at this time.

The association is a network of various established groups, bringing them together to increase effectiveness and obtain results more quickly. Because of this, information will be added quickly as they finalize information and complete relationships. It will be very beneficial for all involved.

Cattle Cait":1f94xrtm said:
Is this associated with the PRMA folks? Just trying to connect dots.
It isn't associated with the PRMA group. However, I'm sure they will be working together on joint efforts in certain areas. At least, that would make sense...

Cattle Cait":2lra7hvd said:
Is this associated with the PRMA folks? Just trying to connect dots.

Can I mail the membership app?

Cait, no this is not associated with the PRMA folks. This is a completely new organization that will be focusing on different areas than PRMA will be, once they are up and going again.

Here is the PREFERRED MEMBER form also for Rabbit Producers Association

Attachments

• RPA_PM_Application_form.pdf
    77.1 KB
AZ Rabbits":cqqchq93 said:
There are projects working on producing clean energy out of rabbit (and other) fecal waste.
I read somewhere that thoroughly dried rabbit manure has the highest BTUs of any manure. :cool:

Miss M":14u3ezii said:
I read somewhere that thoroughly dried rabbit manure has the highest BTUs of any manure. :cool:

I wonder if it could be used in the wood stoves that require the use of pellets?

:?: Does anyone here have one that they are willing to experiment with?

This current research is not open to the public quite yet, but hopefully soon. It's really fascinating and could really turn out to be revolutionary, particularly if you raise rabbits. You'd have a clean fuel source with limitless possibilities.

And the research isn't in normal wood stoves. It's a different burning mechanism that has many applications, both small and large... (including automobile possibilities) ;)

FYI: The application is now available completely online. No printing and faxing is necessary! Link: http://rabbitproducersassociation.com/membership-application.html

Back