The Lions Are Here! Hear Me ROAR!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
Last night my LionHeads arrived! I traded Cleo, a smallish black doe, and Captain, my tweener (opal) buck for them. Being of a generous nature, and slightly overcome by LionHead Lustosis, I also bred Cleo to my broken black buck Quill right before they left. He covered her three times, so hopefully she will have a nice litter.

The owners were a very nice couple with a young son, just starting out in rabbits. She is eager to learn more about rabbits, and is interested in showing, so we are going to keep in touch and hopefully attend some shows together! I also told her about RT, so hopefully we will be hearing from her soon!

It turns out that the one that caught my eye and began this saga is a doe. I have named her Pride. The buck has been named Kingston, after my treasured stuffed lion that I have had for almost 30 years now.

They are sharing the quarantine cage in the chicken coop right now, but I hope to get one more cage set up today so I can separate them so if Pride is not pregnant she will stay that way a little longer!

Here are some pics taken last night in the beam of my flashlight- I will take more pics of the LionBuns today!

Pride is on the left, Kingston on the right:

IMG_9107.JPG

Pride:

IMG_9110.JPG

Kingston saying "It sure took you long enough to succumb to LionHead Lustosis!"

IMG_9104.JPG

OMG!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO....I CANNOT GET LIONHEADS.... I WILL NOT GET LIONHEADS.....SOOOOOO CUUUUTE!!!!!!

OMG... they are obscenely cute.

Thank goodness I have a natural immunity to all forms of rabbitosis. I started with six rabbits and now have eight, after seven years... all but four headed for camp as soon as I can get to them.

LOL, Maggie! It should be against the law to be that cute!

Pride will shortly be coming into the house for her quarantine period. Hubs is going to be delighted, I'm sure! :twisted:

:dogkiss: I am so happy it turned out this way. I was away for awhile. But I see we all prevailed and got our lion heads they are adorable . Their color is beautiful and soooooooo cute. Lion head lustosis . Hitting me hard......is Nc on the lopple mail box list?

OAF, we're in trouble. :eek: Bryant's has an adorable grey (don't know proper color names, sorry) lionhead in the store now, and they told me there's a lionhead breeder in Dayton. . .

currituckbun":1kdqfg2n said:
I see we all prevailed and got our lion heads they are adorable . Their color is beautiful and soooooooo cute. Lion head lustosis . Hitting me hard......is Nc on the lopple mail box list?

You all made me do it! :D Of course I will put you on the mailing list! :mrgreen:

trinityoaks":1kdqfg2n said:
OAF, we're in trouble. :eek: Bryant's has an adorable grey (don't know proper color names, sorry) lionhead in the store now, and they told me there's a lionhead breeder in Dayton. . .

Mwa-ha-ha! :twisted: You have been infected by LionHead Lustosis! :popcorn: Perhaps you could share breeding rights on LH's as well as Rexes?

i am SO glad you like 'em. So glad you are happy.

ALL I see when I look at lionheads is the sheer number of them I've rescued with matted fur and some so badly it tore the skin...and I just shy away from them.

They are cute,.. but succumb to them I will not. :)

ladysown":meoygaoy said:
i am SO glad you like 'em. So glad you are happy.

ALL I see when I look at lionheads is the sheer number of them I've rescued with matted fur and some so badly it tore the skin...and I just shy away from them.

They are cute,.. but succumb to them I will not. :)
Aw, poor babies! :(

Yet another reason to be glad MSD succumbed to them! :D We know she will take good care of her lionheads.

Miss M":21xj4fsx said:
ladysown":21xj4fsx said:
Aw, poor babies! :(

Yet another reason to be glad MSD succumbed to them! :D We know she will take good care of her lionheads.

Thank you Miss M, I would of course make every effort to keep them mat free, but MY Lionheads are not abundantly furred! I am hoping for minimal body fur, with just a mane framing the face. My idea of a LionHead would never make it on the show table! But they'll be darn cute. :D

I love the Lion head's ton's!!! But I still love my graystone haha. My mom mamasheep dog took the picture I wanted for
my avatar but that does not matter I'm going to take a picture of her Lion heads and use that!!!!! Muahaha.
Queenpup.

Back