Tattoo advice

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollitos

Reaction score
My tattoos seem to be rather faded instead of standing out and easy to read. I use a clamp tattoo with green roll on ink. My procedure is: clamp the ear, roll on the ink, massage it with either a cotton facial cleaners round flat thing or my finger. I don't wipe off the excess.

What can I do to improve my tattoos?

Also, one of the does we bought has a gorgeous, bright blue tattoo. Has anyone ever come across that color tattoo ink? I haven't been able to find it.

Put ink on ear first, rub in ink with a bristle brush or something that won't absorb ink, don't wipe off.
Cali breeder clamped, rubbed ink in with a stiff tiny paint brush and then left ink on. Two tats are fine, one is fading like crazy and needs to be redone.

I used vinegar to remove dried ink off my pen. Just soak the letters and then use an old toothbrush to clean the rest off.

When I was using the clamp style tattoo machine. I would clean the ear with alcohol. Then clamp the ear. Then use a toothbrush to massage ink into ear where the clamp was. I also left the extra ink in the ear. All of my tattoos stayed legible. Make sure you are clamping with enough pressure to penetrate the layers of skin deep enough to stay.
Have you ever thought about using a pen style to tattoo? My EZ Tatt is super EASY! I was scared for a long time to use the pen. But finally I tried it & I love it. I like that you can read the tattoo right away.

We have the ez tatt pen and love ours also. So far all of the tattoos look as good as the day I did them.

Don't use the ink that comes with the clamp kit, it's garbage. Get some human grade tattoo ink, you can order it off Ebay or Amazon. Clamp the ear, ink it well, use a toothbrush or qtip to push the ink into the holes, wipe the excess and apply bag balm or other ointment (NOT neosporin). That is what I did when I had a clamp. I now have an Inkinator and I LOVE it.

AmysMacdog":c93xncci said:
OneAcreFarm just curious as to why Neosporin is a bad idea? :)

Not sure of the exact reason, but something in Neosporin will react with the tattoo ink and cause it to fade. I have been told this by several tattoo artists, so I am reasonably sure it is true.

Back