Splayed legs in baby rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leslie

Reaction score
Hi, I need advice from someone who had baby rabbits with splayed legs and successful stories. My rabbit only had 1 baby, by week 3 i realized he was too fat and walking rather than hopping. I heard for the 1st time about splayed legs and about bracing them to help them... i did brace the back legs, let mom feed only once in 24 hrs sometimes 2, and he can now hop, but the right front leg keeps dragging, when i braced the front legs he keeps dragging it unless those front legs are very close to eachother which makes me feel bad for the poor dude. So i didnt let him like that. Now, when i untie the back legs he's fine, he has learned to hop but im leaving them braced more time, he's finally losing weight after 1 week feeding once or twice.
Is there a way you helped your front splayed leg rabbit? Mine is 4 wks now. Its the paw part that turns to the right. Btw, He hops and runs and is a happy bunny.

Attachments

• 20221002_085821.jpg
    20221002_085821.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Back