sooooo....who here has the most rabbits? lol

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do ot have any numbers to speek of right now.
everybunny is a meat mutt.
2 sr. Bucks and 2 Sr. Does 1 Jr. Doe she was just bread this week 1st litter.
I do have 26 empty pens. and grow out cages.
I am hoping to fill 3 pens next week with the NZR, I will be buying.

I've almost doubled my population since last month! :D .. that's what adding 2 does get you when you have three as a total x)

1 svensk päls/swedish pelt buck
2 svensk päls does, hopefully pregnant this time..
1 new zealand red, young doe
1 french lop, young doe

Perhaps I'll see this thread in a year and find myself with more buns..

I think right now I might have the most I've ever had...32! 20 of those are babies under 4 weeks old or so. We just had a litter of 6 Hollands born this morning. :)

i have 6 cali sr. does 2 cali sr. bucks 1 jr. cali buck and 19 kits in the grow out pens.and 5 of my does are bred and should kindle the first week of march.

Hmmmmmmm, dont know if this is such a good idea but here goes.............

3 harlequin does
1 harlequin buck
3 harlequin kits
5 half harlie half NZ red - three are due for camp this week, two are keepers
1 tri-color doe
4 tri-color cross NZ red kits - two keepers there too
1 French Angora doe
16 New Zealand, mixed colors, grow outs, mainly does, keepers
1 gold tipped steel NZ buck - he is not the biggest NZ but he is built like a brick and passes it on
1 REW NZ buck due for auction next month
1 American Chinchilla doe - she is due next week
1 NZ black doe
5 of her kits by a NZ red buck - 3 red, 1 black, 1 rew
1 blue NZ doe due next week
1 NZ red buck
1 standard rex buck
2 large mini rex does
1 kit from the rex size cross due for auction as its a buck. It would be :evil:

Is 49! All but the Rex are in hanging cages, the rex live in a small colony.

This time two years ago I had two rabbits :lol:

Because of the restaurant, we have cut way down, but I have a bit of a dilemma right now! :lol: My goal is to raise my own line of broken NZ meat rabbits, and keep only a handful to "play" with. But I've gotten some neat colors in my litters lately, and now I want to keep all those. :lol: I have someone who wants to buy a trio of breeding does, and I could easily let some one go, but I'm finding it hard to give up anyone. I'm becoming a rabbit hoarder! :lol:

MamaSheepdog":czp49bca said:
cudaman68":czp49bca said:
MamaSheepdog":czp49bca said:
I have:
7 SR does
6 SR bucks (2 are keepers others for sale or FC)
5 JR does
5 JR bucks (1 keeper)
1 buck 1 doe at 6 weeks, still in the 'nest'
25 popples and 3 does due on the 29th.

Wow... 50!

LOL that was a year ago and now you have 100+ someone has a addiction it would seem

We-e-ell, yes... that and getting help butchering is like pulling teeth around here, so it is mostly me, myself, and I that processes them. (Good thing there are three of me, eh?)

I'm really picky about how they get done, too. I hate when the pelts get messed up, I like to rinse all of the fur off of the meat (not easy to do), and when they are quartered I want nice clean cuts... so doing it myself is better for my *ahem* "retentive side" anyway. :roll:

We are SO alike, my Sistah! :lol:<br /><br />__________ Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:10 am __________<br /><br />Lets see...last year it was.... "I have 8 Cali does, 4 Cali bucks, 1 Rex doe and 1 Rex buck, and 34 Cali babies." (total of 48)

This year it is: 14 Cali does, 15 Cali bucks, 8 Rex does and 5 Rex bucks, 4 NZW does, 6 NZW bucks and 38 babies, for a total of 90! AND I have three litters doe today and 2 more due in a couple of days and 5 more due in two weeks! Yikes! :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

fuzzy9":8ef9b9n8 said:
We are SO alike, my Sistah! :lol:

Lol! Well, if you are in the same boat, I feel for ya. I can't imagine having a full time job and being the full time processor as well!

OneAcreFarm":8ef9b9n8 said:
14 Cali does, 15 Cali bucks,

That seems a trifle buck heavy there. Poor guys never get to "work" with that many! :(

Are you growing them out to sell with trios/quads?
OneAcreFarm":8ef9b9n8 said:
a total of 90! AND I have three litters doe today and 2 more due in a couple of days and 5 more due in two weeks! Yikes!

Oh goody! :p You'll have more than me in no time at all!

MamaSheepdog":3g1qg9ny said:
OneAcreFarm":3g1qg9ny said:
14 Cali does, 15 Cali bucks,

That seems a trifle buck heavy there. Poor guys never get to "work" with that many! :(

Are you growing them out to sell with trios/quads?

Well, I need to have a butcher day, and some of them are sold, just waiting on pickup or delivery, etc.....

I always butcher bucks first. A while back I was considering running an ad for breeding trios/quads, only to discover we'd eaten all of the bucks before they aged out. Oops.

OAF feel free to send me a buck! i could use a nice meat buck!

hoping i will come across a good deal at the show i'm going to in march. *fingers and toes crossed* this american buck and lop buck just arent cutting it so far....

oy vey...

1 ES doe (due anytime now)
2 ES/MR does (possibly bred)
1 LH doe (due pretty soon)
1 young LH/thrianta doe
1 BEW LH buck
1 cali doe (better be bred if she knows whats good for her!)
1 steel dutch buck

and waitin to be picked up is 1 lop buck and 2 havana does... and got a MR buck and a pair of americans tryin to sell...

so total for the moment is... 14

*edited because i had forgotten one! :roll:

MamaSheepdog":1tw32386 said:
I always butcher bucks first. A while back I was considering running an ad for breeding trios/quads, only to discover we'd eaten all of the bucks before they aged out. Oops.

LOL

Ok New rabbit count for me.....
6 senior New Zealand white does...
2 senior New Zealand white bucks...
3 junior New Zealand white does...can you tell my favorite rabbit breed.
31 New Zealand white kits just born...

2 senior cream D'Argents does
1 senior cream D'Argents buck.
8 cream kits born today

1 senior Siamese satin doe
1 senior broken blue satin buck.
6 satin kits born today.
1 junior broken blue satin doe

1 senior Californian doe
1 senior Californian buck
3 junior Californians ready to sell

1 senior Jersey Wooly bud
1 senior Jersey Wooly buck...

1 junior fuzzy lop buck.
1 junior mini Rex buck

1 Senior Netherland dwarf bud

2 senior lionhead x French lop bucks pets
3 New Zealand white x English Lop ready to eat.
2 junior lion head mixs ready for pet homes

Forget how many..a lot. I sure love the rabbits. Kids will have a lot of choices for meat pens at fair.

Now I have 6 Mini Lop bucks, 1 PQ ML cross? buck, 2 Jr. Mini Lops, 10 Sr. Doe ML, 13 babies, 1 Himalayan/ Am. Sable x Doe, 1 Himmie Doe, and 2 Himmie Bucks. I'm going to do some major culling and cut backs very soon though. 13 of my Sr.s and older Jr.s are up for sale and so will be 8 or 9 of the babies after I pick out replacements.

1 bew (neutered buck)
2 bew doe
1 orange vm doe
1 sable point vm doe (pregnant)
1 chocolate doe
1 broken opal vm doe
1 rew doe
1 lutino doe
1 chocolate buck
1 lilac buck
1 black tort vm buck
1 bew doe who's staying temporary here
and 10 kits

1 Standard Rex Buck John Black Otter
2 Mini Rex Bucks Achim Fawn (CupCakes baby) & Fudge Broken Chocolate
5 Mini Rex Does Asia Red(CupCakes baby) & Starlight Black, Silly Harlequin, CupCake Castor and Splash Broken Tort

3 in the nest box Broken Black & Black Otters

2 does due this month - Silly & CupCake. :p

Latest posts

Back