Some pics of Bunnyville and our new popples!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akaj9

Reaction score
I'm so excited I just wanted to share.....After a bad 1st litter...this one seems more likely to be sucessful! I wanted to share some upgrades to Bunnyville and our new additions! You can ck out my blog for more pictures and info too....<br /><br />__________ Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:39 pm __________<br /><br />

Attachments

• bunnyville.JPG
    bunnyville.JPG
    619.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 011sdedd.JPG
    011sdedd.JPG
    567.8 KB · Views: 207
  • ded.JPG
    ded.JPG
    727.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    476.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    432.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    642.1 KB · Views: 207
Looking good! I love the huge chocolate bunny statue. :)

I remember you were having trouble with the rabbits pottying in the enclosed part of their hutch. Did you solve the problem or just learn to live with it?

The huge Chocolate bunny was a great find at the Goodwill :) We did not live with it, we changed out the plywood wood for wire inside the hutches.....much cleaner that way! We have no problems with cats or coyotes around here....not really sure we have much of a coyote population here in Florida really. My Koi pond did take a beating this Fall from a visiting Heron though :( So far the biggest threat to the buns have been my own two little dogs barking under the cages and fire ants......

I love your Bunnyville! So pretty and bright! :p

When we lived in Gulf Breeze/Navarre, there were coyotes around there. And bears. They didn't much care about how populated it was.

Sorry about your koi! :(

I have my pond netted now, once the trees are lush again I will put some sun sails over it and that should deter any new herons flying over.... The other seems to have given up and moved on now.... The rest of my garden is more rustic...but Bunnyville took a look of it's own oddly....Everything is dead plant wise right now, once the bananas come back and the wild flowers bloom it will be even brighter....At the end of the concrete path are 1 foot pavers painted blue, I then painted carrot numbers on them and layed them out as a hop scotch for my daughter! The bright orange poles are her tumbling bars.....She spends alot of time out there :) Who am I kidding...we all spend alot time out there :)

So awesome and creative!

I have this huge piece of property (3 acres) and can't figure out what to do with it, lol. It's hilly and broken and tree/brush covered and I'm so lacking in inspiration when I look at it. Possibly it's a bit overwhelming to contemplate. Especially during the winter when everything is brown and dead looking.

Ah well, maybe your pics will help inspire me to do something around the outside of the house this year! :)

Carol, actually, the winter would be a great time to plan ... where the area is "bare" would make a great "room" so in the spring, you can concentrate on keeping the brush mowed/knocked down until the grasses take over ... plan your pathways and get out there on a nice winter day and hack away at brush/saplings that will be in the way during the spring/summer. :p Sorry, I am so stircrazy that I would love to be out prepping for the spring right now ... just too much snow/ice still on the ground, and then it will be slushy mud for a week or more :lol:

I agree.... I moved from a small garden to an acre cleared free of all plants... I was very discouraged... The side yard swamped and sometimes the water would pool on our property... Plants died , I gave up... The hurricanes hit that year and flooded the whole property...tons of pine trees and small brush started sprouting , we let the 20' on the edges go back to nature...I came home home day my husband had carved out a small circle of brush..... And all my desire was renewed.....it soon became a fire pit area with bird feeders, then the patio, the koi , the avairu, the walk ways.... Little by little it came to life.... It all started with a mowed/ cleared 20 foot diameter circle.....

And then, there is the fun of scrounging ... er, I mean salvaging ... things to create just the right effect :p

You aren't kidding! The Doe's Chalet was a nasty ugly brown chicken coop :eek: we saved from a bon fire :).... The colorful walkway is the neighbors old driveway :mrgreen: , and the tumbling poles are from my Mom-in-Laws fence. I love dumpster diving.....It is what makes every part of your garden, even that much more special and memorable.... :)

The best is when the old man comments to someone about how worried he was when I started dragging junk home, but it turns out that I have a purpose in mind and it usually looks good when I get done :p

Back