So I got tired of losing kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavender

Reaction score
I suspected that our buck Thumper successfully mated with our Petunia in our outside colony (usually they would have their babies in a burrow, but we seem to loose the babies all the time :cry: ). So I brought Petunia inside 2 days ago and today as she was laying down almost on her side I could see movement! I have never seen babies move before in a bun! I gently placed my hand on her tummy and I felt little blobs moving around in there! I am not quite sure how long ago the actual breeding happened but how long from now should we be expecting these lil ones? This time she is in a nice big cage in my bedroom with plenty of hay! :bunnyhop:

That must have been a neat experience feeling those babies moving inside Mom.

I'll just echo what 3mina stated. Haystaches are a good sign that kindling is coming.

Fingers crossed for an easy delivery and healthy kits!

Karen

Mary Ann's Rabbitry":m9u7f7q5 said:
Lavender":m9u7f7q5 said:
as she was laying down almost on her side I could see movement
sometimes that is just the stomach moving.

True, but she said she felt kits when she put her hand on her belly, so likely she is pregnant. Give her some hay and see what she does with it....

That is exciting!! I have 2 does due anyday now. I started to feel movement in one of them yesterday, I can't keep my hand off her tummy now....it brings me back to the days of being pregnant and feeling the kicks!!
I've read that if you really are feeling movement, then it's probably the last week of pregnancy...my doe is due tomorrow and I started to feel movement yesterday--I could also feel pointy popple parts :p

Thank you for all the replies guys! I am very excited! I gave her some extra hay today she has'nt had a haystache going on yet or done any nesting or fur pulling, she has been diggin at the corner of the cage some though. I have read that sometimes the belly just moves too, but I felt little blobs moving around in there last night, this morning not so much though, could it be that their more active at night? @ Amy congrats! I wish you some beautiful healthy babies! :)

Some does will not even begin to nest until right before they are born, so do watch her closely. Digging in the corners, I'd say you probably have less than two weeks to go, but beyond that, I don't know. I seem to recall somebody saying that right before her does kindle, she can't really feel any movement or individual popples any more, it's just all a big mass. I wouldn't rely on that, though, until you are very familiar with the way it feels yourself. :)

Thank you Miss M! I was just now feeling her tummy again and I definitley feel little kits in there, I am so excited, I just can't wait! I just hope all goes well when she kindles.

Latest posts

Back