So darn happy I could just about start dancing!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amandainohio24

Reaction score
While scrolling though some of my Facebook groups I stumbled across a post for carriers and top fill water bottles for sale. Best part, they are side loading carriers for $25 each and they have 4! :cheer2: I have been wanting to switch over to them since I first seen someone at a show with some. The water bottles are being sold for the low price of $1.50 each which is a great deal in itself. Now I just have to be able to calm myself down to go to sleep tonight since I just found out that I was quick enough to message/post that I wanted them before anyone else snatched them up. I have to wait until the 29th to pick them up too which is going to kill me with the anticipation of getting them.

Woo-hoo! Congrats!

But... what is the big deal about a "side loading carrier"? I have only ever seen top loading ones.

Mama Sheepdog, for us the big deal is that we go to quite a few shows throughout the year and it gets rather annoying when all the Lionheads decide to start trying to all get out at the same time when the tops of the carriers are opened. The side loading carriers will eliminate that issues all together. Also, if you are bringing them to a show you don't have to unstack everyone to get to a rabbit on the bottom layer of your carriers. They can just stay stacked on your show cart which is a huge plus in our book.

ah! Now I understand the side-loading thing. I can see that as being a huge benefit if you have multiple rabbits at a show.

This weekend we are only bringing 3 of our carriers, all top loading so it is just an inconvenience, but when we go to nationals for Lionheads in May we will be using I want to say 5 carriers. That is a lot of stacking and unstacking to be done in 1 day. Also, since it is my kids that do the showing mainly, this will make it more secure so we do not have any get loose at the show.

Back