*Sigh* This is Kudzu isn't it?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alforddm

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
If so I think I will have the first documented occurrence in our County. Lucky me huh? It's not actually on our property but only 3/4 of a mile down the road.

Attachments

• IMG_1145 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1145 (Medium).JPG
    229.4 KB
  • IMG_1148 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1148 (Medium).JPG
    295.3 KB
  • IMG_1149 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1149 (Medium).JPG
    233.7 KB
  • IMG_1146 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1146 (Medium).JPG
    228 KB
It sure does look like kudzu. Kudzu is a high-quality forage, especially the more of it that is leaves. :)

Not so good for the trees, though.

Looks like it to me. Sorry for any trees in its way, but yay for a free source of good greens for the buns.

(Gotta try and find some positive here)

When I feed it, it's not a worry because they leave not a shred, but if you're concerned, you can just strip off leaves and fed those.

Yes, it is a VERY invasive plant and easily roots. We just pull up new unwanted growth and feed it to the buns. We keep a small intentional patch of it growing just for them. As an aside, there is a product called Pronto that does a very good job at clearing it out. It works on the roots, so it does take a couple of weeks to see results, but we use it to keep a "fire lane" between the back edge of our place and the kudzu.

Well, I spoke to my father-in-law this morning. I was "warning" him about it. He kinda got a funny look on his face and asked me where it was then he laughed. Seems like this particular patch has been there for years and years (like 40) lol. He even told me the name of the man who originally planted it. I'm assuming he knows what he's talking about. He's usually pretty good at IDing trees and stuff. I think I might just have to go get some for the rabbits. I'm not quite as worried about it spread now.

Latest posts

Back