SHOW OFF YOUR SET-UP!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will post picture when mines is done :) We've been getting rain and haven't bee able to do the roof although a lot of it is done :) We also had a friend of ours, who replaced his fans for his rabbitry, donate to us. that will be placed on the opposite wall from the door to keep good airflow. I'm thinking of putting a humidifier in there in the summer.....shaded rabbits colors are effected by humidity, so maybe I can control that by keeping the humidity down. BF also built a grooming table so I can work with rabbits at the end of the isle. We are also going to put a partial loft for storage of feed,hay, carrier,and nesting boxes.

Shown this before....but it's one room of my two-room rabbitry. 42 holes (I think) in this room.

It's got a heated, recirculating, automatic watering system....those water bottles on the sides of the cages are for new litters coming out of the nest.

SANY0040.jpg

grumpy":3k89d5fa said:
Shown this before....but it's one room of my two-room rabbitry. 42 holes (I think) in this room.

It's got a heated, recirculating, automatic watering system....those water bottles on the sides of the cages are for new litters coming out of the nest.
Grumpy that 5 gallon bucket next to the fans---is that where you sit and talk to them---LOL. I tell mine-"you better have me some babies to eat or I am going to stew you".

Fire-Man":2ay9a74p said:
I tell mine-"you better have me some babies to eat or I am going to stew you".

Sounds like what I tell my chickens. "It's eggs or legs. Your choice."

This is a partially completed rabbit shed ... just the frame that has a piece of cattle panel to hold the cages and the uprights for the back and roof ...

frame4.png

I have 5 to this point and need one more, then we will work on the roofs and sides ... it has just taken a bit to budget the rest of the materials ... I still have a pile of old barn boards, but now I don't think I have enough LOL

here's mine - 75 holes currently - just picked up an old bus that i'll add another 30 (ish) holes to. I use 1/2 poly line and brass nipples for the water...sometimes the line freezes, but by mid afternoon it has thawed.

232323232%7Ffp%3B89%3Enu%3D3378%3E76%3B%3E589%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C%3A7%3B764833%3Anu0mrj

grumpy":1hktdsrb said:

SANY0040.jpg

grumpy, how long does it take you to clean under the cages? is that 42 does or split between does/bucks/growout?
how big is that room?

looks nice :)

Here's our current set-up. Handy because the droppings, etc go right into the compost pile underneath. :)

2_4_13Rabbit127_zpsdf0c7a0e.jpg

Very nice set ups! I'll have to take a picture of our hutches. We have two. One houses 3 and one house 2.

Okay guys, this is the set up I came up with. These are my Florida Whites (2 bucks, 1 junior doe, and 1 four day bred senior doe) that I picked up yesterday. Thanks for all your input. :)

Attachments

• Rabbit Setup Pic #1.JPG
    Rabbit Setup Pic #1.JPG
    701.7 KB · Views: 621
  • Rabbit Setup Pic #2.JPG
    Rabbit Setup Pic #2.JPG
    693.9 KB · Views: 621
  • Rabbit Setup Pic #3.JPG
    Rabbit Setup Pic #3.JPG
    811.2 KB · Views: 621
zee":rftlzjdz said:
Okay guys, this is the set up I came up with. These are my Florida Whites (2 bucks, 1 junior doe, and 1 four day bred senior doe) that I picked up yesterday. Thanks for all your input. :)

Nice cages and set-up! What size are those cages? They look about 24' x 24". If you have a doe that has 6 to 8 kits--You will need alot bigger cage and some baby saver wire around the does cages.

Thanks Fire-Man! These rabbits only get up to 6 pounds max. The bucks' cages are 24x24 and the does' cages are 24x30. I'm definitely gonna get some baby saver wire for the cages. I am also gonna construct some grow out pens. Thanks for your input. :)

All of these will eventually move back outside under the trees, once they leaf out, but for now, hubby has graciously allowed them into the barn.

The barn
20130310_183129.jpg

The cages from each end - I make stacks of 3. They measure 23" x 36". Luckily, I was able to fit 4 on one side wall.
20130310_183211.jpg
20130310_183245.jpg

One stack I made recently. It's got my jr bucks in it for now. I have plans to make one more stack. In fact, I have everything for it, I just need to get the cage made.
20130310_183231.jpg

luvabunny":2mttz3zm said:
All of these will eventually move back outside under the trees, once they leaf out, but for now, hubby has graciously allowed them into the barn.

One stack I made recently. It's got my jr bucks in it for now. I have plans to make one more stack. In fact, I have everything for it, I just need to get the cage made.

Nice setup. Tell Husband he just Needs to get another shop---LOL. What do you have in the catch trays---White looking?

Fire-Man":2xiqmdz5 said:
luvabunny":2xiqmdz5 said:

Nice setup. Tell Husband he just Needs to get another shop---LOL. What do you have in the catch trays---White looking?

looks like wood shavings, I use them to keep down the stink. plus it helps the stuff not stick to the pans.

Yes, they are wood shavings. We have a place nearby that mass produces them for the fairgrounds. I can get them in bulk relatively inexpensively. They are a mixture of woods, but no cedar. Funny, because the owner of the shop is the president of the national red cedar assoc.

In the barn, they are a must-have to help control odor.
When the bunnies are outside, I normally don't use them, as the pans stay fairly dry due to heat and evaporation.

At this point, it takes about an hour to empty and refill the pans with shavings twice a week. Yes, it is extra work and cost to have all of these pans, but for show rabbits, I have the benefit of having everyone separated. No chewed noses or ears from a neighbor. No accidental thru the wire breedings. And bucks ALWAYS get a lower bunk, which keeps me from getting sprayed in the face!<br /><br />__________ Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:42 am __________<br /><br />I forgot to mention that hubby is getting his shop back soon. As nice as it is for winter, it gets to be about 120 degrees in the summer. All metal building with only a side door and one window.
Makes the 110 in the yard under the shade with a breeze feel like heaven!

Fire-Man":qrb0vbj6 said:
grumpy":qrb0vbj6 said:

Grumpy that 5 gallon bucket next to the fans---is that where you sit and talk to them---LOL. I tell mine-"you better have me some babies to eat or I am going to stew you".

Fireman: My apologies for the lengthy delay in my response. But, in answer to your question: Yes! LOL. I spend an inordinate amount of time at the barn. My work-shop is located there as well, along with the rabbits.

grumpy.

__________ Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:56 am __________

ohiogoatgirl":qrb0vbj6 said:
grumpy":qrb0vbj6 said:

SANY0040.jpg

grumpy, how long does it take you to clean under the cages? is that 42 does or split between does/bucks/growout?
how big is that room?

looks nice :)

OGG:
There are 35 does in this side, along with pens for 7 bucks. The grow-out (20) pens and replacement (11) pens are right next door. There's an additional 7 does in the grow-out room as well.

I've got three sons 18, 20, & 22 y/o that do my clean-up for me. It takes them a couple of hours to do the job.

grumpy

I'm sure I've shown it before, but here is my setup. I have six cages stacked using a PVC rack and they are inside a 8'x8' shed with half lattice sides for ventilation. We also live in mountain lion territory as well as bobcats, foxes, raccoons, stray dogs, and stray cats (of the domestic sort) so the shed is pretty necessary. I also built a hutch from recycled pallets that sits inside a fenced in area under our deck (it looks wet in the picture because we had just finished it and moved it during a rain storm :lol: )

20130223-205913.jpg

20130223-205531.jpg

20121222-154506.jpg

Latest posts

Back