Shhhh Rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, noise doesn't bother my rabbits, nothing that is loud is dangerous. Most don't really like visitors, but that varies from person to person, that's quite interesting.

what type of sign? Please be quiet rabbits? or rabbits, please stay away.
Laurel and Hardy below is cute. I like the attack rabbit idea also. It's so quiet where I live. I've noticed children don't upset them much. My rooster is turning into a grown-up jerk now so he will most likely solve the problem.

I love my friends when they stop in to say hello. My rabbits don't care for them. I hate to sush people so I'm looking for a sign of some sort.
Instead of feeling like you need to shush your friends, maybe you could try helping your rabbits to feel less freaked out when someone stops in? I'd encourage you to find some way to help your rabbits be less nervous. Nervous rabbits are the ones that tend to end up with broken backs/necks when there's a sudden wind storm, etc.

A friend who raises rabbits out where there's no noise has a radio set to turn off and on throughout the day. She has it set to a pretty hard rock station so the rabbits get intermittent doses of fairly shocking noise. I'm not sure how well they are developing intellectually as a result of repetitive exposure to hard rock :ROFLMAO: but it does seem to have made her rabbits more calm when she has visitors or when she takes them to shows.

We have kids and kids' friends who all love to see the rabbits, so our bunnies are nearly bomb-proof. But even then, they all know who they know and who are strangers. Some still come up for pets no matter who comes in, but others hang in the back for a while when it's someone they don't know. That level of vigilance doesn't seem to me to be a problem.

I like the quiet so no radios but yes that's a good idea. I've been listening for the turkeys in the woods. I have a big wooden rabbit statue so will paint shhhh on it. :cool:
you could run a radio when you are not in the barn....just for desensitization. a little chaos makes for calmer steadier bunnies, that has to be good for them.

Latest posts

Back