Shedding Buck?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelhodgejr

Reaction score
I have a buck that is a little over a year old and he is shedding like it's going out of style. There is enough hair in his cage to make quite a few nice little nestboxes. The bottom of his cage is covered in hair, and I've tried brushing him (which he isn't fond of), but it dosen't appear to be helping. He's been shedding for roughly a week or so and you can still go out and grab a handful of hair.

I'd assume this is normal, but I want to be sure. I assume it's best if I wait till he done shedding and then take a torch to his cage to get rid of the hair.

I have a male rabbit that seems to blow his coat a few times a year. It can vary in intensity and length. He is currently shedding like crazy and has been for a couple of weeks. I like to take him out on the deck when it is a little breezy out and just rub him vigorously. Although all my rabbits will shed some throughout the year, he is the only one that sheds insane amounts of fur.

Gather that fur up and put it in a ziplock in case a doe doesn't pull enough fur for a nest! LOL Funniest thing I have seen is a Satin doe with 3"+ fur in her nest that she plucked from the English Angora buck next door :p Talk about "child support" :cheesysmile:

AnnClaire":x9tqd4s5 said:
Gather that fur up and put it in a ziplock in case a doe doesn't pull enough fur for a nest! LOL Funniest thing I have seen is a Satin doe with 3"+ fur in her nest that she plucked from the English Angora buck next door :p Talk about "child support" :cheesysmile:

The doe won't reject a buck's fur in her nest?

I actually have a few rabbits that have longer fur that I save...I don't put it directly in the nest...just in the corner of the cage or so...the ones that hate pulling out their own fur love to use it :p

Latest posts

Back