She Kindled day 32 **pic**

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie Dog Trainer

Reaction score
Umm Ok, so my Champagne is ready to give bith in a couple days. The issue is I don't know if she is pregnant.

She's got some sort of bi-lateral pooch to her tummy, but I wouldn't call it super huge or anything, and she's a good eater so Idk if it might just be fat. I tried palpating her about 10 days ago with no luck at all. I couldn't feel a thing but a bunch of squishy bunny LOL. :roll:

Last night when I fed them I noticed two clumps of hair in the back of the hutch --never have seen this in her cage before so I was thinking she might be starting to pull hair.

Today i put her nest box in and she seems curious/interested but didn't hop right in or anything. She also has been having some softer poos. Is that a sign?

Thanks in advance for reading and hopefully commenting. :D

With many rabbits, you'd never know they are pregnant. The clumps of hair are an indicator, but not proof positive. But y'know... it's only a couple of days to wait. Just hang in there and let nature take its course.

thanks Maggie :) I went out and looked her over, picked her up for a second. Her belly is actually much larger than it was even just four days ago. If she's not pregnant she's exceptionally fat LOL. I will let nature take its course. i hope she kindles in the nest box. I don't think she likes it so far hehe.

Jamie,
some Doe's don't make a nest until just before delivery.
Others build nests day's before and often destroy and rebuild many
times before they are happy with their work.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

I'm too new at this to offer up any advice, but I have two does 24 days pregnant and I can't feel a thing on them either, hehe. Hopefully within a couple days you'll be updating us with news of kits!

Thank you, both of you for the support. After looking at ther earlier I am sure she is pregnant, no WAY did she look that huge before she was bred. I will be posting in a couple days, hopfully, to say I have a nice heatlhy litter. :)<br /><br />__________ Sat May 28, 2011 9:26 pm __________<br /><br />Oh I am over the top excited!!! I went out and checked on her and she is pulling so much hair I can't believe she isn't bald. Plus, she is very grumpy. She has pushed all the hay into the back of the nest box so its a bare floor though and I am worried the kits will get cold. Ugh! I didn't realize how stressfull this would be..and fun too lol

I have a doe that digs down to the wire, and she and her cagemate seem to eat the hay like crazy. I keep adding hay and covering the wire, and hoping she'll kindle on hay in the nestbox.

Don't worry about the bunnicles getting cold, Jamie. Trust me when I tell you that the mom will cover them up adequately after they're born.

Also, best of luck, and let us know how many you got out of this litter.<br /><br />__________ Sun May 29, 2011 8:01 am __________<br /><br />
Miss M":1h4lzqfp said:
I have a doe that digs down to the wire, and she and her cagemate seem to eat the hay like crazy. I keep adding hay and covering the wire, and hoping she'll kindle on hay in the nestbox.

Try using wood shavings. ;)

No babies yet today but I know it won't be long. :)<br /><br />__________ Tue May 31, 2011 9:45 am __________<br /><br />She kindled last night. A nice heatlhy litter and she's taking good care of them so far. They are all nice, warm and snuggly in the good nest she made and she's also very relaxed. I didn't count them yet but I will get a cout today or tomorrow. :)

Thank you Maggie!! I went out and counted them -- 8 nice sized, uniform, healthy babies!! I removed a lot of bloody, matted nesting material and made sure there were no dead babes in the nest. Momma has been taking good care of them, they were all as full as ticks!

100_0647.jpg

awwww...popples! So precious! I cannot wait till I have more...the 17 we have now just hit 5 weeks and aren't babies any more.

Oh that you ALL for your supportive comments. I am so very excited, thrilled, in wonder at these new little lives. A funny thing happened a while ago I went to feed all the rabbits and I found a round, firm and bloodly clump of tissue in the hutch. I checked the babies and they seemed fine so I have no clue what it was. Does anyone else?

Good news! Were there 8, or did I miss one or two?<br /><br />__________ Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 am __________<br /><br />
OneAcreFarm":1n3rka5n said:
the 17 we have now just hit 5 weeks and aren't babies any more.
Oh, they don't stay little for long, that's for sure. The First Five will be going to their first show on Independence Day Weekend.

Back