Raccoon Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROFL Peach same here<br /><br />__________ Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:16 pm __________<br /><br />If that's a sable point the other offspring cannnot be chins and frosty or the sire has to be some type of chin. :shock:

Well all I know IS in this litter I got 3 Chin's 1 broken frosty Raccoon Girl and 1 REW all from a broken black and a REW :popcorn:

Sable point is non extension self, with the CHIN gene

Sable point is cchl nonextension not cchd which is chin. If it has the chin gene then it's a frosty point not a sable point. In this case we also know all kits are either sable or chin with rew as the 2nd gene. There is no sable and chin carriers.

The C locus works like this chin/dark chin cchd, sable/light chin cchl, himi ch, and rew c. All those can be on the same spot but the spot can only have 2 genes. Your doe has 2 c to make a rew. That's the only way so she has to pass on one c making us know for sure what the recessive gene is. To get normal chins you would then need cchd but since the other gene of the pair is c you can't have cchl-sable as well unless the sire were to be chin and sable making him appear chin and able to pass on both. With what you've got you get one or the other. Either the sire passed on chin or he passed on sable. Either you have a sable point with cchl or you have a frosty point with ccchd plus c as the 2nd gene.

Akane well its a quandry isnt it LOL. I am curious to see what she throws next year bred to a REW. Even at that she is a meat rabbit with interesting coloring

Back